Scottish Fitba'

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Is it any wonder I'm looking into moving somewhere else to live? Another shining moment of pride for the west of Scotland...

BBC News - Police probe car fire at home of Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-57170516

not necessarily football-related. 5 very similar attacks in the area in the last 3 days, the other victims appear to have nothing to do with football.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/glasgow-cops-probe-five-brutal-24145665

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Funny that-one of the mates in the Polis-said defo not Rangers related-thank God for that!
Was nice of Rudebhoy to point this out in a purely totally fair/unbiased way!
Thought of pointing out the non-footie line, but am at the stage of 'effit'-can I really be bothered with all this hassle??
So glad that we are not ALL GUILTY -well nearly all-(ring any bells SILH)

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So it’s a just small minority of Rangers fans who actually aren’t real fans that peddle the bigotry?

How come when this small minority start their bigoted songs at a match (which apparently they don’t actually go to as they not real fans) they aren’t then immediately drowned out by the real fans who actually go to games singing actual football related songs? Whenever I’ve watched a Rangers match on tele all I hear is how 50,000 or so are “the Billy boys” or other sectarian chants for the majority of the 90 minutes!

Very much like your club, you have your head firmly buried in the sand and living in denial of what is and always has been a part of your clubs DNA

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Funny that-one of the mates in the Polis-said defo not Rangers related-thank God for that!
Was nice of Rudebhoy to point this out in a purely totally fair/unbiased way!
Thought of pointing out the non-footie line, but am at the stage of 'effit'-can I really be bothered with all this hassle??
So glad that we are not ALL GUILTY -well nearly all-(ring any bells SILH)
I know very well that most Rangers fans are decent...I don’t understand why they do not DEMAND that the club really takes a grip on the minority and if the club does not act then they withdraw their support.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Very much like your club, you have your head firmly buried in the sand and living in denial of what is and always has been a part of your clubs DNA[/QUOTE]

Love your last line-question for you though!? Where have I ever given the impression (or even seem to be) of being supportive of these morons or even the clubs' tacit acceptance/blind eye to the shameful behaviour said to carried out in MY name??
Suggest you have a read over my posts on this before you condemn me!
If I don't get a hand delivered written apology to my abode-'Blue Heaven', 1690 Orange Walk, (Just along from IBROX)--delivered by 12th July--then I'll have to challenge you to a game of winner takes all dominoes (with a pack of Srixon Soft Feel as the prize--Hows about that then Sherlock??) !! So there!:p:devilish::whistle:
Oh,(just to throw some petrol on the fire and keep the morally righteous going?happy/ ) have also been told that THAT VIDEO-you know the one-is being closely examined-VERY closely- as suspicions grow about the validity and timing (of release) of said video-been told a couple of discrepancies are being looked at??!!..Will need to wait and see about this (to bugger SMANGEs allegations about me-I'm praying that it's a frame up but if not then the stake goes up a pint of 'the black stuff as well :rolleyes::p)
Peace and love to all

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Oh, nearly forgot-old age-SMANGE,fancy coming over to a game?? My guest+ promise to behave/not sing anything upsetting (-Danny Bh0y -geddit?:giggle:)
Love,, ME---bring your clubs!!
Not am OLD FIRM game though-tickets are gold and in demand from acquaintances/business chums/Castlemilk crew!!

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I never said you were ever supportive of these “morons” as you call them!

But you did say they were in a minority and you did say they were not real fans, they just attach themselves to the club!

What I’m saying is if they are the minority and they aren’t real fans then why is it when Rangers are playing that 90% (I’m being kind there as it’s probably nearer 99%) of the songs coming from Rangers “supporters” have sectarian connotations?

And if indeed it’s a minority and the vast majority want nothing to do with it why does the majority allow it to happen and blacken the name of the club?

Oh and thanks for the invite to a game but when I’m ever over home there’s only one team I’m interested in going to see so seeing as The Pars failed in this seasons promotion bid that invite might need to wait a year or two

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I never said you were ever supportive of these “morons” as you call them!

But you did say they were in a minority and you did say they were not real fans, they just attach themselves to the club!

What I’m saying is if they are the minority and they aren’t real fans then why is it when Rangers are playing that 90% (I’m being kind there as it’s probably nearer 99%) of the songs coming from Rangers “supporters” have sectarian connotations?

And if indeed it’s a minority and the vast majority want nothing to do with it why does the majority allow it to happen and blacken the name of the club?

Oh and thanks for the invite to a game but when I’m ever over home there’s only one team I’m interested in going to see so seeing as The Pars failed in this seasons promotion bid that invite might need to wait a year or two
Both sides of the old firm have idiots, same bile comes from the Ibrox so called loyalists. Try sitting near the Jungle at Parkhead or visit some of Celtic pubs in the Gallowgate area where they blast out Irish Rebel songs and fly IRA flags.
Don't tar and feather everyone the same.

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Both sides of the old firm have idiots, same bile comes from the Ibrox so called loyalists. Try sitting near the Jungle at Parkhead or visit some of Celtic pubs in the Gallowgate area where they blast out Irish Rebel songs and fly IRA flags.
Don't tar and feather everyone the same.

Nobody did tar everyone the same!

The conversation was about Rangers and what has gone on recently so there was no need to bring the bad element of the Celtic support into it!

But seeing as you started the typical “whataboutery” that an old firm fan will turn to as a last resort I’m going to reply with.....what about the last 9 years that Celtic won the league? There were none of the scenes that have been witnessed in last couple of weeks in Glasgow!

I’m a born and bred Dunfermline Athletic fan who, in years gone by, travelled the length and breadth of Scotland following them and I can say I have no love or even liking for either half of the old firm so trust me I have no leanings to either half!

Oh and my wife is from and I have lived in Derry or Londonderry depending on your political leanings so trust me I need no introduction to what goes on.

As I said previously it’s the denial that it’s actually the majority of both supports that indulge in sectarianism that annoys me and the fact that both clubs just can’t (or won’t) admit it!

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nobody did tar everyone the same!

The conversation was about Rangers and what has gone on recently so there was no need to bring the bad element of the Celtic support into it!

But seeing as you started the typical “whataboutery” that an old firm fan will turn to as a last resort I’m going to reply with.....what about the last 9 years that Celtic won the league? There were none of the scenes that have been witnessed in last couple of weeks in Glasgow!

I’m a born and bred Dunfermline Athletic fan who, in years gone by, travelled the length and breadth of Scotland following them and I can say I have no love or even liking for either half of the old firm so trust me I have no leanings to either half!

Oh and my wife is from and I have lived in Derry or Londonderry depending on your political leanings so trust me I need no introduction to what goes on.

As I said previously it’s the denial that it’s actually the majority of both supports that indulge in sectarianism that annoys me and the fact that both clubs just can’t (or won’t) admit it!
We'll have to agree to differ on the majority of both supports bit.
ALL clubs not just the old firm, should study media pictures to identify and get rid of these morons.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
KenL...think that we could be a bit more magnanimous here ( you know, set some sort of example ( is S. G. on here?) and split the award between both of them-and to hell with the pen-pushers at the SFA & SPL -(they do sod all for the game anyway )! ....S.G. should just come out and say that although winning the SPL is the standard etc., what an achievement it's been for Callum Davidson -in his 1st full year in management it's been to guide his club to not 1 but 2 cup finals AND winning both and that he thinks that it's only fair that this Manager of the Year Trophy should be shared!!!!
Setting a precedent?? Good!! Let's get on the front foot here-show that we care about all ( hmm, may be pushing that a bit:devilish:)-and are big enough to say so!
Bring it on!.........................................Oh, and SMANGE--maybe a cup game ?-stop hiding :whistle:!

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
That could be a really good call Billy, 'cos we know S.G's destination after serving his apprenticeship -a la Souness!
Great minds Billy, Great minds!!
P.S.....how's the game going? And how's W.P. doing-We're chomping at the bit here and have also entered Barassie Seniors and Old Ranfurly -4 or 6 of us going to each!!
(God help them when we all land:LOL:-kitchens -and bar will be emptied!)