Scottish Fitba'

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
1-0 is a defeat. 4-0 is a pumping.

Hearts got pumped, they have now failed to score in 4 of their last 5 games. If I was a Hearts fan I'd be more concerned with the recent fortunes of my own team than the current form of a Rangers striker or Rangers getting pumped at Parkhead.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hearts got pumped, they have now failed to score in 4 of their last 5 games. If I was a Hearts fan I'd be more concerned with the recent fortunes of my own team than the current form of a Rangers striker or Rangers getting pumped at Parkhead.

Seems to be a recent theme on this thread, denigrating posters for making comments about other teams. Particularly when that other team is Rangers :D

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seems to be a recent theme on this thread, denigrating posters for making comments about other teams. Particularly when that other team is Rangers :D

I wouldn't know about that, I don't post very often and am currently looking forward to attending Tuesday night's Real Madrid game.

Despite their current donestic form I'm not overly hopeful as RM have started their season well but you never know what might happen if Celtic can nick an early goal, fingers crossed.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I wouldn't know about that, I don't post very often and am currently looking forward to attending Tuesday night's Real Madrid game.

Despite their current donestic form I'm not overly hopeful as RM have started their season well but you never know what might happen if Celtic can nick an early goal, fingers crossed.

Celtic are playing sensational football at the moment, but are so open at the back, a team like Madrid could take them apart. I'd bite your hand off for a point right now.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Celtic are playing sensational football at the moment, but are so open at the back, a team like Madrid could take them apart. I'd bite your hand off for a point right now.

It's deffo not a great draw for Celtic, RM at home then the 2 away games. Hopefully then can keep a much tighter ship on Tue night and do some damage away from home for a change.

But it's more of a pilgrimage for me rather than just the football. My dad's first taste of European football was the 1960 European Cup final at Hampden which he attended alone as a 16 year old boy against his father's wishes, and he had a season ticket at Parkhead until he passed away.

So Tue night for me is going to the football for and with my Dad, watching Real Madrid in action in Glasgow like he did all those years ago and no doubt a few tears as well as many chuckles as I hear his voice in my head screaming at the referee every time Celtic don't get a free kick or a throw in etc. The result isn't that important to me.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
It's deffo not a great draw for Celtic, RM at home then the 2 away games. Hopefully then can keep a much tighter ship on Tue night and do some damage away from home for a change.

But it's more of a pilgrimage for me rather than just the football. My dad's first taste of European football was the 1960 European Cup final at Hampden which he attended alone as a 16 year old boy against his father's wishes, and he had a season ticket at Parkhead until he passed away.

So Tue night for me is going to the football for and with my Dad, watching Real Madrid in action in Glasgow like he did all those years ago and no doubt a few tears as well as many chuckes as I hear his voice on my head screaming at the referee every time Celtic don't get a free kick or a throw in etc. The result isn't that important to me.

Hope you have a good night. I can remember going to the game the last time we played them in a competitive fixture. QF of the European Cup. Celtic won 2-0, unfortunately lost 3-0 in the return:(

Watched the second half of yesterday's Newcastle - Palace game with my daughter's partner. He is a big Toon fan, and was screaming for all sorts. Made me laugh, and gave me an insight into what it must be like watching a Celtic game with me :D:D

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
And of course of much greater importance than any OF goings on or talk of Real Madrid and European Cup Finals, never mind Hearts, the Perth Saints put 3 past Paisley Saints without reply - yes 3…that number StJ fans were told comes after 2 but knew little about in their goals for column. Onwards and upwards…no doubt to the next gubbing off Celtic or Rangers…but who knows. Happy day.

Reactions: Val

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site

So Tue night for me is going to the football for and with my Dad, watching Real Madrid in action in Glasgow like he did all those years ago and no doubt a few tears as well as many chuckles as I hear his voice in my head screaming at the referee every time Celtic don't get a free kick or a throw in etc. The result isn't that important to me.
Your going to have to wear a Celtic scarf and sing ynwa lol,
Hope you enjoy mate

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Your going to have to wear a Celtic scarf and sing ynwa lol,
Hope you enjoy mate

I've never worn a Celtic scarf or a top, never worn football colours even when I was a wee boy. My Dad never let us wear football colours when he used to take us to Parkhead. Presumably it had to do with where I grew up as when I was a wee boy, wearing the wrong football top in the wrong place at the wrong time could be extremely dangerous.

Reactions: Val

Springveldt

Visit site
Celtic Real might be a great game. I might even watch it!
If I was a Rangers fan I would watch it too as there is a high probability of us getting pumped tonight. The high press tactics might work in Scotland but we don't have the calibre of players to do it in Europe imho. I'm getting nightmares already thinking about Gregg Taylor being left 1v1 on Vinicius Jr all night.

Obviously hope I'm wrong but I might be watching this through my fingers for most of the night.

I've never worn a Celtic scarf or a top, never worn football colours even when I was a wee boy. My Dad never let us wear football colours when he used to take us to Parkhead. Presumably it had to do with where I grew up as when I was a wee boy, wearing the wrong football top in the wrong place at the wrong time could be extremely dangerous.
Isn't that just the west coast of Scotland? Sometimes it's not even football tops. When you were a a kid and you heard someone say "Wit school dae you go tae" it was usually time to start running.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Watched highlights of the Celtic game, they play with some intensity and were unlucky not to go in leading at half time.
Madrid a different beast in the second half though.

Got to say I think Rangers will get well beat tonight, Ajax are seasoned in Europe and confidence can’t be high after Saturday.