Scottish Fitba'

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
At least we're consistent,that's yet another match where we've shown how to take mediocrity to new depths!
We should have been pumped!! Israel will be looking at that as 3points dropped.
Now for the platitudes from Clarke/you know the crap about 'no easy games,the quality of the opposition,how we didn't lose,long way to go etc,etc'
Load of bollocks-couldn't pass,couldn't mark,couldn't defend,didn't really look like scoring--usual Scotland!!!

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Another uninspiring performance!

With all due respect to Israel these are matches we should at least be trying to win or at least even look like we are trying to win! Too many games against the lower levels of international teams we seem to have an attitude of trying not to lose! I get that against the Belgium’s and France’s of the world but against many of these other nations we look scared to try to win!!

I’m not saying we should be beating these countries or have a given right to beat them but I expect us to at least look like we are trying to win.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site

With all due respect to Israel these are matches we should at least be trying to win or at least even look like we are trying to win! Too many games against the lower levels of international teams we seem to have an attitude of trying not to lose! I get that against the Belgium’s and France’s of the world but against many of these other nations we look scared to try to win!!

I’m not saying we should be beating these countries or have a given right to beat them but I expect us to at least look like we are trying to win.

Don't think its a matter of respect mate, we should be a better team than the likes of Israel.
But where they have moved forwards and progressed and improved over the last two decades, we have stagnated under the same-old same-old mentality of the SFA and manager after manager overseeing insipid and uninspiring football.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
The problem we have is we're just not comfortable with possession of the ball. I think that stems from the 'Scottish mentality' of 'get it up the park'. Israel are a nightmare side for us as they seem to be comfortable with the ball at their feet but have got no real threat in the forward line.
Kids are now learning how to maintain possession without it looking like they're kicking a nuclear warhead. Problem is we're a decade away from realising that. Other 'smaller' countries have been teaching this for the last 20 years.

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I
Don't think its a matter of respect mate, we should be a better team than the likes of Israel.
But where they have moved forwards and progressed and improved over the last two decades, we have stagnated under the same-old same-old mentality of the SFA and manager after manager overseeing insipid and uninspiring football.

Its just turgid stuff and has been for a lot of years!

Yes we’ve eventually qualified for the finals of a major tournament at last but you just know if someone offered three 0-0 draws in those matches now then the SFA & team management would take that regardless of going out of the tournament or not!

I certainly don’t expect us to go far in these tournaments and I think we all know most probably we won’t get through the group stages but can we at least try to win football matches?

I always thought football was about scoring goals and trying to win matches but after watching that tonight and the last 84 minutes of The Pars game last night I’m not so sure anymore!!

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The last 84 minutes of the Pars match last night were magnificent - I enjoyed it so much I watched much of it on iPlayer again this morning :cool:

View attachment 35874

I guess you owed us one after we came back from 3-0 down to score 3 in last 12 minutes last time up at Dens! Really disappointed to lose that last night but over the piece Dee were the better team and our keeper kept us in it at times

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

Playing fearlessly need not mean playing recklessly...feel that too often there is too much caution bordering on fear in the play - fear that is only occasionally cast off and then we look pretty good.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
I guess you owed us one after we came back from 3-0 down to score 3 in last 12 minutes last time up at Dens! Really disappointed to lose that last night but over the piece Dee were the better team and our keeper kept us in it at times
Fon-Williams was superb and really unlucky that two of the goals came after great saves.

I thought Dunfermline were actually better than in the 3-3 game when they were awful until the last eight minutes, Dundee might have been the better team on Saturday but the Pars did look decent going forward in the first half and in the last 20 minutes. Impressed with Crystal Palace kid Scott Banks when he came on as a sub and young Henderson from Celtic was decent too.

Looking forward to going to East End in a couple of weeks, though it won't be the same with the steak bridie stall closed :(.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fon-Williams was superb and really unlucky that two of the goals came after great saves.

I thought Dunfermline were actually better than in the 3-3 game when they were awful until the last eight minutes, Dundee might have been the better team on Saturday but the Pars did look decent going forward in the first half and in the last 20 minutes. Impressed with Crystal Palace kid Scott Banks when he came on as a sub and young Henderson from Celtic was decent too.

Looking forward to going to East End in a couple of weeks, though it won't be the same with the steak bridie stall closed :(.

There's a drive through bakery not far away that you can get your glorious steak bridie fix from.
A907 at Baldridgeburn/Rumblingwell.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
You know for the longest time I didn't believe such a place really existed until I saw it with my own eyes... it was a truly magical experience (y):D

(prices may have changed)
View attachment 35876

Aye, 'tis a thing of wonder. Prices have remained fairly stable. except the bridie offer is now £3.90. Still not bad for a Steak Bridie, a Fudge Donut and a bottle of ginger.

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Your making me homesick now guys!

What id give to be at east end park eating a steak bridie and drinking the hottest bovril ever this weekend!!

As soon as crowds are allowed back I will be over for the first home game just hope the football is a bit better than the last 84 minutes the other night!

Hopefully can put the wee team back in their box again tomorrow

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Your making me homesick now guys!

What id give to be at east end park eating a steak bridie and drinking the hottest bovril ever this weekend!!

As soon as crowds are allowed back I will be over for the first home game just hope the football is a bit better than the last 84 minutes the other night!

Hopefully can put the wee team back in their box again tomorrow

It's at the cowshed tomorrow as well so that would be sweeter.

Give me a shout if you are over for a game, chances are I'll be there as well, grab a pint at the East Port (if that's allowed as well).

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's at the cowshed tomorrow as well so that would be sweeter.

Give me a shout if you are over for a game, chances are I'll be there as well, grab a pint at the East Port (if that's allowed as well).

Oh I will be over as soon as we are allowed mate and I might even bring my clubs with me!

Definitely manage a pint or two before and most likely after the match so will give ye a shout for sure!

Cowshed?.......has Starks Park had improvements done recently ? ?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Oh I will be over as soon as we are allowed mate and I might even bring my clubs with me!

Definitely manage a pint or two before and most likely after the match so will give ye a shout for sure!

Cowshed?.......has Starks Park had improvements done recently ? ?

My other description was infraction worthy.
Kirkcaldy's 6 finger glove factories will be desperate to see lockdowns lifted...