Rugby Heineken Cup

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
As a Munster fan must comment on their excellent performance in defeating the Cherrie & Whites in Kingsholm yesterday.

Roll on Sarries in the semi and then Toulouse in the Final.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wsa a very good performance, you must be favourites to win. I was there when the Tigers beat you in the final and have to say that the Munster fans were great company and very gracious in defeat.

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Would Munster have won had Patterson not turned into a gutless plonker? I'm not so sure, but credit where it's due it was a hell of a result.

Pleased to see the Ospreys and Cardiff get theirs anyway.

How good do Toulouse look?

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Am gutted! I am a huge Ospreys fan and also had quite a bit of money on them to win, got 25/1 for them to win the HC so put quite a bit on! (ssshhhh don’t tell H.I.D)

What did Patterson do toonarmy? Don’t know why but the bloke makes me teeth itch, he has one of those faces you just want to slap.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Despite not being able to miss a kick for Scotland, he missed 3 sitters for Gloucester that would have given them a 9-0 lead to start off.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bloody hell, I thought he could not miss! I was even considering him at full back for the lions tour. Think I will stick with Lee Byrne.

To be fair his kicking record for Scotland does flatter him, he never takes the hard ones.

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I think you're right though htl. I have noticed his tendency to step away from difficult kicks for the sweaties and I suspect he is a bottler. The kicks he missed against Munster were warm-ups they were that easy.

Would I have him kicking in a pressure situation for the Lions? Not likely.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Still think Patterson will be on the plane to S.A

Who do you reckon the couch will be? Have heard a few rumours about Jake White?

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Jake White has as good as been walking around with a 'I want to be Lions coach' sticker on his forehead for the last couple of months.

Patterson will be on the plane but as back up I would hope. He does have versatility at 10, 12, 15.

I have a feeling that Geech will get the job due to his experience and I'd be more than happy with that.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
If it does not go to Jake White, Shaun Edwards might get it. It was England’s biggest mistake not keeping hold of him! I will sleep much better after he signs his contract to stay with Wales.

I can see Patterson playing on the wing in the lions even through he is best at 10.

My team at moment is

15- L. Byrne
14- P. Sackey
13- BOD / Shanklin
12- G. Henson / Darcy / Winlkinson
10- Cipriani / Wilkinson / Hook
11- S. Williams
9- M.Phillips / Peel / Or the Scottish scrum half, I cant remember his name
8- Ryan Jones and captain
7- M. Williams
6- J.Haskell
4- A.W Jones / I. Gougth
5- The Irish lock, againg forgotten his name / One of the English big lads
3- Sheridan / Hair bears of wales
2- Cant make my mind up……
1- J. Hayes / Hair Bear

Outside shots at making the tour are Dylan Hartley and Chris Aston from Northampton?

My mind changes every day with this team, we should have some fun in the lead up!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
If David Strettle stays fit for long enough then he looks like he has enough about him for a place. Agree with Hartley, no other hooker has performed well this year so why not (though I would also take George Chuter as he is the only one who seems able to hit a lineout jumper).

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Strettle is developing into a good winger / centre. He plaid some real good rugby at 13 for Quins before his injury.

As for the English team why the hell are they keeping Aston at the helm? GET HIM OUT

Why the hell was Balshaw at full back?! HE IS AWFUL! He was not even in the same post code for all the high ball sin the six nations, Lewsey, abendanon, Tait, Cueto anyone but Balshaw!

England need to play

15- Lewsey / Abendanon
14- Sackey
13- Tait / Noon
12- Hipkiss / Geraghty
11- Simpson-Daniel
10- Cipriani / Wilko
9- Wigglesworth / The Leicester 9, forgotten his name just back form injury?

I feel much better after that rant.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
I don't understand all this egg chasing lark, try as I may.

I have to commend it as a sport though, at least they aren't a bunch of prima donnas rolling around the floor like they have been hit by a sniper when infact they have had their latest £300 hairstyle messed-up.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can honestly say I have never watched a full football game! My Mrs takes the mick all the time when I cant answer a single question on football.

Medwayjon, I bet after watching a few Rugby games with somebody who knows the rules you would be hooked, its far more entertaining than football. Not taking anything away from Fottie but I cant stand the way players dive and roll about when they get paid £125,000 a week! Its insane the amount they get!

I really am ranting tonight! WISH THE GOLF WOULD HURRY UP!

I played the same par 3 course today, not one bloody single par! All bogeys or double bogeys.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Leicester number 9 is Harry Ellis who is in great form despite just coming back from a long term injury. Also agree with Hipkiss, he stands up in the tackle and is good for an extra 10 yards if he has a mobile back row following to drive him on.

As for Lewsey, good player but I hear that he has problems getting on with him team mates with both Wasps and England so is not great for team spirit. That said, anything is better than Balshaw, he cracked on the Lions tour and has never got his game back.

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Based on current performances O'Gara has to start at outhalf his performances for Munster since the world cup have been exceptional.

Cant see J Hayes making the team-he is likely to retire before the lions tour.

Flannery should definitely go as hooker.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
If O`Gara starts at fly half I will eat my Key Board! I really do not rate him. And there ar much better fly half’s in the U.K.

I was way out with J.Hayes I admit, I aint got a clue what goes on in the scrum, I use to play centre / wing / fly half.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Now the scrum is my area of experise as played in the front 5 for 27 years. Not sure as to hooker because nobody has really stepped up to the mark. Props will probably both be English and the Second row could be O'Connell and Gough. As for the back row, will be a toss up between the English and Welsh depending on conditions etc. Would certainly find a play for Lewis Moody as there are few better at harrassing a fly half.