Rubik’s cube

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mrs Wolf younger brother had an obsession with these last year, he got so good he could literally solve it in under 60 seconds, even got to a point where he would look at it when picking it up to see how it looked then proceed to not look again and solve it whilst having his eyes closed. But I belive he did the whole YouTube thing learning algorithms etc.

For me much like Orikoru I literally can't see the point, once you've solved it short of saying I've done it Where's the point beyond doing it once the sense of achievement is gone and I don't have the inclination to Google how to just to say I did it or followed instructions how to do it.

We have one knocking around at work.. on nights I’ll sit there trying to solve it.. I’m avoiding googling it. But I get bored of it or a radio call gets in the way

Some say they don’t make things like they used to.. I say thank god

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We have one knocking around at work.. on nights I’ll sit there trying to solve it.. I’m avoiding googling it. But I get bored of it or a radio call gets in the way

Some say they don’t make things like they used to.. I say thank god

Use my method above mate.. plus it’s free .. 😜

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Had one when they first came out.... took me a day to solve it for the first time....then the incentive was to do it faster.... eventually got it down to 42 seconds...37 years later and my brain don't work as quick and my fingers are a bit fumbly so it usually takes me two or three minutes now.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Had one when they first came out.... took me a day to solve it for the first time....then the incentive was to do it faster.... eventually got it down to 42 seconds...37 years later and my brain don't work as quick and my fingers are a bit fumbly so it usually takes me two or three minutes now.

Last evening I got it down to under 6 mins. havent been able to repeat it since then, but now am consistently under 10 (who would have thougth that last week). i dont think i can get under 3 mins at all - this is mostly down to my fat fingers rather than fast brains. However, now the goal is to get the Mrs and Jr learn how to solve it.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site

Similar, had one in the 80's when they first came out. Solved it myself and learnt how to do it in about 30 seconds. There is a pattern that you can learn that just solves it every time. Can't remember it at all now, not too bothered about that :)

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
I’ve recently got into cubing. It’s a fad at work. (I’ve bought three different cubes)
Took me two and a half weeks to get a good set of Algs to use and a mixture of methods. It’s now muscle memory and my fingers seem to act independently.
Averaging 1minute 28 over 12. Best is 1.09 which was today.

Just need to find the time to learn CFOP. I’ve achieved all I can with layer by layer method.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’ve recently got into cubing. It’s a fad at work. (I’ve bought three different cubes)
Took me two and a half weeks to get a good set of Algs to use and a mixture of methods. It’s now muscle memory and my fingers seem to act independently.
Averaging 1minute 28 over 12. Best is 1.09 which was today.

Just need to find the time to learn CFOP. I’ve achieved all I can with layer by layer method.

Awesome work... it is addictive.

I have no idea what CFOP is, so googled it. Will look up the details later. TBH, i m now under 4 mins while nipper under 2 mins, so I dont have any plans to try and go faster

I have however bought a 4x4 Rubiks and have stumbled on the first hurdle

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I bought one a bit ago, I've finished it twice now using a couple of guides on the internet.
I always struggle completing the top face though, lots of guides show the same move the get the top corners in place but it never works for me

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I bought one a bit ago, I've finished it twice now using a couple of guides on the internet.
I always struggle completing the top face though, lots of guides show the same move the get the top corners in place but it never works for me

Do you mean you can’t do the yellow face? When I get to my laptop I will post the link to the video I used to learn how to solve the yellow.. uses the same algo every time

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Do you mean you can’t do the yellow face? When I get to my laptop I will post the link to the video I used to learn how to solve the yellow.. uses the same algo every time

Yes I think so, I can get 5 sides just about complete every time and get the cross thing on top, I can never seem to get the top face corners lined up unless it's by pure luck lol.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yes I think so, I can get 5 sides just about complete every time and get the cross thing on top, I can never seem to get the top face corners lined up unless it's by pure luck lol.

Don’t worry .. you have done well.. the last bit is just a bit science not luck.. it will come with practice

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site

Yellow face on top. Unsolved corner top right. ( corners must be in be in right position though) R’, D,’ R, D. Rotate Top U face only to solve next corner. It will look like your messing it up mind but comes together when all solved.

Alternatively. Turn cube upside down and rotate the corners with the white face on top. (Corners to be solved bottom right corner) Faster doing that using R, U, R’, U’.

If I can find them I will upload a pick of my alg notes.

Edit.

To get your corners lined up in their correct position. Have one or none in it’s correct position on the top right face. Then U, R, U’, L’ U, R’, U’, L till all corners are in position then do above Algs.