Royal Lytham

bwstokie

Visit site
Hi all

Playing Royal Lytham a week on Monday for the first time. I appreciate it isn’t the height of the season ? but what sort of shape is it likely to be in from anyone’s experience?

Thanks

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Links courses will be in relatively good nick because they drain well. Greens might be a touch slow but that’s to be expected for the season we are in.

Just go and enjoy the layout because it’s a fabulous course and club.

Albo

Visit site
Agree great course, watch out for the bunkers, I still have night terrors about the time I spent in them

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Played it in the height of summer for the first time this year. It will no doubt be as described earlier, in lovely condition albeit probably a bit wet in places, comparatively speaking (remember its surrounded by houses so isn't like some links courses).

I enjoyed it and the atmosphere , history and presentation is first class. The paths are better than most courses fairways, but I have to say I am glad I didn't have to pay a significant amount to play there and can honestly say I have played a few other courses I liked better over the last year.

bwstokie

Visit site
Thanks for the replies - I’m somewhat excited and just hope the weather is fair! I do like a good sausage roll ?

D-S

Visit site
Links courses will be in relatively good nick because they drain well. Greens might be a touch slow but that’s to be expected for the season we are in.

Just go and enjoy the layout because it’s a fabulous course and club.
I was surprised recently when playing Burnham and Berrow (a links course) that the fairways had suffered from this hot dry summer as much, if not more than many parkland courses and even more surprised that they had hardly recovered. They are worse now than at the same time after the 2018 drought.