Room For One More?

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Not for everyone

attachment.php

That's my 'Bubba fade' Bob, it doesn't have a great deal to do with my S&T swing apart from the parts that I tend to do naturally nowadays. I'm about to lob the club as far out-to-in as I can in an attempt to slice the cover off the ball :D

That said you're probably right, I DO need to get a little more tilted towards the ball with my shoulders, thanks for bringing that to my attention - you're a star! :D

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
@FH Are you suggesting I have previously said that you cant be absolutely certain of what has gone before the 'frame' of a still pic?! I think you may be mixing me up with someone else there :whistle:

Not at all! Just using you as an 'ally'! :D disagree-ing with Gareth in the Roll-Your-Wrist (Fore-arms!) thread:whistle: Your post in this one certainly implied that you can't.......

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
So the people who teach S&T who START the swing at 45/55 favouring the left side then move the weight forward even more are wrong?

Doesn't the W/T swing move weight back to the left on the downswing so that, at impact, the 2 styles have the same balance (80-85% on the left)? Who said either, therefore both, were wrong?

There you go again, putting words in my mouth. I've never said that or anything close. I just say I wouldn't teach it.
That sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

How would you handle an S&T-er who came to you for a lesson though? De-convert him; send him elsewhere? teach but with disclaimer?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
at impact, the 2 styles have the same balance (80-85% on the left

The S&T would probably be that at impact but not the swing I prefer.

How would you handle an S&T-er who came to you for a lesson though? De-convert him; send him elsewhere? teach but with disclaimer?

Good question.
I would watch his ball flight, ask him what he wanted help with and together we would work out how to deal with his problems.

Pro Zach

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not really 55/45 as opposed to 50/50 isn't a big difference - your advocating being stacked but just a fraction more central

If there are no people in the room do you argue with a chair?

In the context of this discussion 50/50 is not 'a fraction more central'. It is central by definition. ie it does not have bias either way. It is only from this defined standard that 55/45 has meaning.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
If there are no people in the room do you argue with a chair?

In the context of this discussion 50/50 is not 'a fraction more central'. It is central by definition. ie it does not have bias either way. It is only from this defined standard that 55/45 has meaning.

Sometimes... fortunately you have joined in so I don't need to :D

I'm happy to conceed that Bobmac's 'centrally stacked and tilted' swing is nothing like stack and tilt which is at least good 10% more weight to the left.... chalk and cheese! :whistle::whistle: :whistle:

It does make me wonder what happens at the top of Bobmac's 'centrally stacked and tilted that doesn't resemble stack and tilt at all' golf swing,.... is there any transition into the left side or is it pretty much flat footed and a flip at the ball with the wrists? :whistle:

Last edited:

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
is there any transition into the left side or is it pretty much flat footed and a flip at the ball with the wrists?

I just keep my head still on the backswing and turn through into a straight left side at the end.
Nothing complicated and it works for me

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I just keep my head still on the backswing and turn through into a straight left side at the end.
Nothing complicated and it works for me

And me Bob . My head may well move a little but its not a deliberate movement. I feel as if I pivot into mt right leg which reduces sway, a bit like Tom Watsons feeling of turning in a barrell.

Pro Zach

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Sometimes... fortunately you have joined in so I don't need to :D

I'm happy to conceed that Bobmac's 'centrally stacked and tilted' swing is nothing like stack and tilt which is at least good 10% more weight to the left.... chalk and cheese! :whistle::whistle: :whistle:

It does make me wonder what happens at the top of Bobmac's 'centrally stacked and tilted that doesn't resemble stack and tilt at all' golf swing,.... is there any transition into the left side or is it pretty much flat footed and a flip at the ball with the wrists? :whistle:
Centrally stacked? So all swings are stacked, it is just the degree that differs?

I thought the 10% more weight to the left (of central) is what made it stacked. Therefore centrally stacked would be an oxymoron.

If you don't accept 'central' as not stacked then your 10% weight to the left is a comparison against 10% right of the 10% left. Unfortunately where ever you are in space and time, you will always be 10% left of where you would be if you where 10% right.

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
well I am going full on for s&t, if it works then fair enough, had enough lessons trying a traditional (if there is such a thing) swing and I am still crap

I may be limited by lack of ability but the s&t swing seems more up my alley at this point in time :)

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I don't get it.
From what I've seen of S&T you just end up playing your next shot from out of trees, or taking a drop next to a hazard.
It's a very costly method of playing golf in my eyes as it costs you an awful lot of shots

Pro Zach

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I don't get it.
From what I've seen of S&T you just end up playing your next shot from out of trees, or taking a drop next to a hazard.
It's a very costly method of playing golf in my eyes as it costs you an awful lot of shots

When you said you were taking up fishing..........................