Room For One More?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Not sure why you're bringing your 'argument head' to the thread again Bob

Terribly sorry, I thought I was entitled to an opinion.
I don't agree with several points Sam has made eg the flying elbow being wrong, moving the hands inwards on the backswing and straightening the right leg on the backswing.
If Sam is allowed an opinion am I not allowed to voice my opinion also?

SamQuirkePGA

Club Champion
www.samquirke.co.uk
Well if Jack won 18 majors with a flying right elbow it cant be that bad.

Nicklaus had many wonderful elements in his swing. One of which would be a side tilt to the left at the top of the swing great extension. Bubba would agree, in addition both Nicklaus and Bubba demonstrate a fantastic flying wedge.

SamQuirkePGA

Club Champion
www.samquirke.co.uk
I don't agree with several points Sam has made eg the flying elbow being wrong, moving the hands inwards on the backswing and straightening the right leg on the backswing.

I did not say the flying elbow is wrong.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com

Of course you are Bob, we all are :thup:

I felt that considering jimbob was trying some changes it appeared that it was working very well, and he should persist with it if it's working.

Should he want to develop it further then that's entirely up to him... and other people are free to add their tuppence.

Seeing as his OP was about entertaining some S&T elements it is worthwhile others pointing out other S&T elements that may get him closer to the pattern, is it not?

Last edited:

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Seeing as his OP was about entertaining some S&T elements it is worthwhile others pointing out other S&T elements that may get him closer to the pattern, is it not?

If I dont agree with the advice being given, should I not speak up?
It just gives the OP both sides of the S&T discussion

SamQuirkePGA

Club Champion
www.samquirke.co.uk
So you want him to change something that's not wrong?

I do not want to be misquoted, I didn't say any of it was wrong.

He asked what he should improve. Those are my recommendations.

I'm happy to discuss why I'd recommend those changes.

The inward hand path, the right elbow and the change in knee flex are all linked.

If you'd like to know more please feel free to call to discuss.

Sam

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
If I dont agree with the advice being given, should I not speak up?
It just gives the OP both sides of the S&T discussion

Absolutely! YES,..... as long as you don't end up throwing your toys outta your pram AGAIN. I can talk about this stuff all day Bob, as you know :p

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Absolutely! YES,..... as long as you don't end up throwing your toys outta your pram AGAIN. I can talk about this stuff all day Bob, as you know :p

Someone gave me some advice on here a while ago. He said "Dont argue with James, he's always right, even when he's wrong."
So I dont bother any more.
Sam is obviously as passionate about the S&T system as you are and we could spend all night posting pictures of bent knee/straight knee blah blah blah to prove our points.
I just dont want newcommers to golf thinking there is only one way to play golf...the S&T way.

So if anyone wants to know my opinion, pm me. That seems the way it's done nowadays.

If you'd like to know more please feel free to call to discuss.

No thank you

SamQuirkePGA

Club Champion
www.samquirke.co.uk
Someone gave me some advice on here a while ago. He said "Dont argue with James, he's always right, even when he's wrong."
So I dont bother any more.
Sam is obviously as passionate about the S&T system as you are and we could spend all night posting pictures of bent knee/straight knee blah blah blah to prove our points.
I just dont want newcommers to golf thinking there is only one way to play golf...the S&T way.

So if anyone wants to know my opinion, pm me. That seems the way it's done nowadays.

No thank you

The offer still stands Bob, and yes I am passionate about S&T, TGM, MORAD, Aimpoint. Golf in general.

Sam

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com

Yes, there's many ways to skin a cat..... jimbob.someroo is trying the S&T way.... well elements of it, so like it or not it's a S&T thread and we CAN talk about the S&T way if we want.

... and if you want to talk anti-S&T then that's 100% fine with me :thup:

I'm sure there's more than one way to putt..... :ears:

Last edited:

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
The offer still stands Bob, and yes I am passionate about S&T, TGM, MORAD, Aimpoint. Golf in general.

Sam

Just more people trying to make a name for themselves in golf by inventing a new system to part golfers from their money.
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the new S&T DVD $150 ?
If it's that simple a system, why does it need a second DVD?

I've spent the last 45 years playing golf to a high standard without all the stuff being written about today but yes, I have read it but I have no intention of using the vast majority of it in my teaching.

So by all means, give people S&T advice, but if I don't agree with it, you can be sure I'll speak up.