Room 101

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
101.jpg

I am in a grumpy mood after 3 hours sleep, so I fancied a moan.

I have decided to do a room 101 on the GM Forum; anything that really annoys you put it in and forget about it.

You each get 1 pick.

For me it is AG, they are so eager to sell the Nicklaus gear they could not care less about you views they just give the hard sell over + over, granted the wedge I have is great but I could have come to my own conclusions and not have some bloke go on and on about how good it.

Also their custom fitting is awful, not being a member of a club and relatively new to golf I went to AG and believed I was custom fitted, how wrong I was, my irons are too long, wrong size grips and probably have more things wrong for me. GGGGGGRRRRR.

I need to join a club ASAP and get a friendly pro to sort me out with all my gear.

B

birdieman

Sir Paul McCartney

Every time there is some kind of charity event, they wheel him out, dyed hair, wrinkles, in a suit and trainers to perform yet another turgid rendition of Hey Jude for 15 minutes and pass him off as the best there is about UK music. :mad:

Apparently we're all supposed to love him.....well I don't! :mad: :mad:

If this thread is meant to be about golf I apologise but there's nothing about golf I dislike.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
People who shout "Yabba Dabba Doo!", those watching the US open last night when Tiger tee'd off the first hole will know what Im on about.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Yank golf fans. I know there are some good ones somewhere (in a country that big there must be some fans that aren't inbred) but sadly all this "get in the hole" isn't funny anymore. With that whiney accent sounding similar (unless you are a good ol southern boy like Boo) you can't even say it was your voice on the TV when you watch the highlights.

Make it obligatory to chuck them out as soon as they scream and holler.

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The Lisbon treaty and the EU wehrmacht in general

Which part of NO don't these degenerate peons understand?

Where's Britains referendum as laid down in labour's manifesto?
It is a legally binding commitment to impliment explicit manifesto commitments as part of being given the mandate to run the country.
I will simply never,ever forgive the government for effectively lying to it's people.
Undemocratic decisions made for us by an unelected prime minister.

Look closely at the footage from the FCO tonight of Brown and Bush. If you see the whole discussion you'll notice that our illustrious leader can't resist doing this again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VaP1HB7Vew

It's a quicky as he's obviously been practicing since then

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the people of Ireland. Ladies and gentlemen of the emerald isle - I salute you ;)

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
MOBILE PHONES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember what it was like before they were ever popular. No-one harrassing you at work wondering where you were, what you were doing, when you'd be in or if you could bring in milk, you could play golf without thinking 'is that my phone?' Being able to skive off without fear of being traced, and not almost being wiped out by some kno8 2 bzE txtn 2 c the FFFn road. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

barb

Head Pro
Visit site
I'll second that,
I make a point of when I'm out on the course my phone stays either at home or in the glove box switched off.
Whoever invented the mobile should be made to stand out in the middle of the range field during peak time to catch balls!!!!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Mobile phones and mp3 players - the most anti-social devices known to man....
And Paul Mcartney - knocks out a simple tune that any 5 year old could and its a masterpeice...
Losing your ball in the rough when you saw exactly where it went...
Hitting a club so well while trying it out - buying it and then hitting it like its a lump of pig iron.....
Giving 2 shots on a par 3 in matchplay and your opponent stiffs his drive.. Hole-in-one for a half anyone..
And finally..
When you slash your first ball OB why oh why does the next one always sail dead straight and long??
Grumpy Old Man? Me? Never..........

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
WORK.

Why do I have to work, why cant I just paly all day.

Not one I have to worry about at the moment.

For me it has to be ABBA, the most detestable noise I have ever heard.

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
My thoughts exactly, Gill
Especially a partner of ours who takes 2 practice swings every shot INCLUDING PUTTS. the practice swings are hugely exaggerated bearing no ressemblance to the final putt.
Most annoying of all, he frequently gets it in da hole!!

AliB