Roll on the summer...

chimpo1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Possibly the windiest day I have ever spent on the golf course, mixed with some sleet showers for fun. What a challenge, better than no golf though.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We had hailstones for the first hole. after that it was just wind.

The course took some amount of rain over night and yesterday. today it was unbelievably firm underfoot. greens soft but that is expected.

My upturn in form has continued. had a lesson during the week. game going for strength to strength so the summer cannot come soon enough for me.

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We had hailstones for the first hole. after that it was just wind.

The course took some amount of rain over night and yesterday. today it was unbelievably firm underfoot. greens soft but that is expected.

My upturn in form has continued. had a lesson during the week. game going for strength to strength so the summer cannot come soon enough for me.

Weren’t you following Mike Malaska? If so,did the lessons go with his style, or against it?

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Weren’t you following Mike Malaska? If so,did the lessons go with his style, or against it?

Lesson was very good. I would say the pro had very similar ideas to the athletic motion guys.

He wanted me to

Have my elbows closer together on the take away. mine are splitting are splitting very quickly. This leads to a flat turn and very laid off look.
Turn my right hip back more.
Centred turn.
Shift into left side
Get more open. struggling with this.
Let the club head go. very odd this.
Full extension on follow through.

Plenty to chew on.

I still watch all of Malaska's videos. Still marvel at how easy he makes it look.

Wolf

Visit site
I wish weather had prevented me going today. I brought my own storm with a shower of sh.....
Yup exactly the same... Weather was literally a battle but that aside my golf today didn't even resemble the sport on the slightest I'm not even sure what I would called it other than absolute crap

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wasn't pleasant at CLS today, light rain from around the 5th onwards, hailstones in your face coming down 17, couple this with a million miles an hour wind so you'd have done a Mary Poppins if you used an umbrella :ROFLMAO:

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Lesson was very good. I would say the pro had very similar ideas to the athletic motion guys.

He wanted me to

Have my elbows closer together on the take away. mine are splitting are splitting very quickly. This leads to a flat turn and very laid off look.
Centred turn.
Shift into left side

Plenty to chew on.

I still watch all of Malaska's videos. Still marvel at how easy he makes it look.

That’s a lot to remember on every swing! Yeah he certainly makes it seem so easy and smooth. I always go back to his videos when things go wrong. So pretty much every other week! Have to rely on YouTube as not a member of his site.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
That’s a lot to remember on every swing! Yeah he certainly makes it seem so easy and smooth. I always go back to his videos when things go wrong. So pretty much every other week! Have to rely on YouTube as not a member of his site.

Same as. I may splash out and buy his book at some stage.

As far as what I've been told. The pro was realistic as he said you can work on as much or as little as you want. You may want to work on It all or elements. He knows us players can be lazy. He said to concentrate on the arms together thing first and also the weight shift as I had practically zero and never got my low point forward therefore hitting everything fat.

Made huge strides forward this last 2 week's.

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Same as. I may splash out and buy his book at some stage.

As far as what I've been told. The pro was realistic as he said you can work on as much or as little as you want. You may want to work on It all or elements. He knows us players can be lazy. He said to concentrate on the arms together thing first and also the weight shift as I had practically zero and never got my low point forward therefore hitting everything fat.

Made huge strides forward this last 2 week's.

That’s good. Hope you can maintain it. I put lessons off cuz I was worried they’d mess up what I was trying to learn from Mike. I should probably just go for it though.

I’ll skip the book. Think I’d find it less helpful to use a book with static pictures. You can get 20% off a years membership if you’re thinking about the site. BBG20 code. Not sure it’s still valid tho.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

He wanted me to

Centred turn.
Shift into left side

Plenty to chew on.

For me thats way too much to be thinking about even if you do try and break it down.
But if you're happy doing that then great.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The right hip, centre turn and shift are also to be practised infront of the mirror in the gym.

Some elements will take alot more time than others to work on.

I like that he has given me plenty to chew on. I've been drip fed in the past and it didn't really stick.

Things are alot more clear this time so hopefully I can keep improving the overall action.