Robin Matthews-Williams

Dogma

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Feel a bit sorry for him.

Isn't he massively in debt trying to set up a website selling their ideas as his own?

Wolf

Visit site
He's clearly been caught out by them for preaching their vision as his own. But at same time is that any different to what a lot of Pro golfers do, or even other industries much like my own. Taking ideas from others and repackaging it as their own.

Sadly for him he probably didn't repackage it enough to make it different to what they taught him. Kind of feel a bit sorry for him a tad but at same time a product of his own undoing

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Sometimes it takes a bigger man to admit his wrong doings.

Not a fan of his content or his teaching but I respect the fact he's eating humble pie and doing so on social media.

Not sure about that. He still sounds cagey about it all and doesn’t say he’s ripped them off directly. Instead he tries to say it in very round about terms and tries to deflect it quite a bit in what he says.

Sounds to me like he’s been called out, he’s been threatened with being called out, or he’s been threatened with a law suit.

He should have the balls to come out directly and explicitly.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Can you own intellectual rights on a swing method? genuine question?
I don't know. I would have thought something like the Leadbetter A method or the Gary Smith linear method could potentially come into this equation, but ultimately though are they simply reinventions and changes to stuff that has gone before. I guess if you stand in front of a camera and blatantly copy a method and pass it off (as appears to be the case here) then you run the risk of getting into trouble but if you explain it's a concept along the lines of xxxx's method of teaching would that not suffice. Interesting question

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
He sounds and looks like he’s going to burst into tears throughout the video.

Not typically one to assume but there appears to be more than he’s letting on.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Not sure about that. He still sounds cagey about it all and doesn’t say he’s ripped them off directly. Instead he tries to say it in very round about terms and tries to deflect it quite a bit in what he says.

Sounds to me like he’s been called out, he’s been threatened with being called out, or he’s been threatened with a law suit.

He should have the balls to come out directly and explicitly.

We can all interpret it whatever way wee like.

I'm also not convinced you can launch a legal case based on teaching golf. Are all professionals that "teach" the Vardon grip ripping of Harry Vardon? Should his family be launching legal cases the world over?

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
We can all interpret it whatever way wee like.

I'm also not convinced you can launch a legal case based on teaching golf. Are all professionals that "teach" the Vardon grip ripping of Harry Vardon? Should his family be launching legal cases the world over?

I'd agree and not to be nasty but he's hardly made any decent money from copying their technique, he banged on about getting a loan and being in debt to go to America PGA Show, so he's barely making much money milling around driving ranges.

It may have been as simple as 'credit us and stop selling it as your own or else it will be escalated' at the moment what will they sue him for? £20? They will get plenty more views on their youtube and exposure from this than they appear to have otherwise.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I agree I don’t think they can sue him for much, probably just want him to stop, may not suit their corporate image to think he’s a poster boy for them.

If he hasn’t already then I think he owes Rob McGarr an apology as well. That video is absolute cringe in the light of this 😬

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I agree I don’t think they can sue him for much, probably just want him to stop, may not suit their corporate image to think he’s a poster boy for them.
Maybe not, but his YouTube has 8000 subscribers to their 1000. So I Britishshooting may be right, rather then suing him outright they've potentially just had a quiet word and got him to do a bit of free advertising for them. Suits everyone.

Scozzy

Medal Winner
Visit site
He's just a potty mouth in a field telling you not to look when you hit it, how much harm can he do🤔 in other news I've been a keen golf YouTuber for some years and never heard of flowmotion so he's taught me that at least 😎