Robert Garrigus

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Different substances are illegal in different parts of the world for a variety of different reasons. So should the sports world bother policing the use of drugs which are not performance enhancing?

And yeah, I get that professional athletes are role models and that smoking mariuhana may not be a healthy choice for an athlete, but neither is drinking alcohol or smoking. If you were to ban every golfer who did either of those, the world's golf courses would be pretty empty places.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Although they have their own flaws, I don't see any reason why every major sporting organisation isn't using a company like USADA to manage their anti-doping protocols. Has made a massive difference in MMA where there was an epidemic of substance abuse and obvious cheaters that were getting through the system without being caught. It's time all sport followed suit and started testing athletes properly.

Dibby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Drugs don't have to be "performance enhancing" to be illegal in sport.

It's a recreational drug that is widely abused/used (take your pick) throughout the world. The image of golf is also on the line here to.

I know the original post was a joke, but it is actually considered performance enhancing by WADA due to the below effects.

Muscle relaxation
Reduced pain and\or inflammation during post-workout recovery
Decreased anxiety
Decreased tension