Rip prince Phillip

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I read this today which I thought was lovely and poignant.

It doesn't matter what you believe about them.
It doesn't matter if you love or loathe them.
It doesn't matter if you think we need them or not.
It doesn't matter if you think they've stood the test of time , or are no longer relevant.
SHE believed in him - From 13 years old, he was 'the one', and she never looked at another.
SHE loved him - for over 75 years. Fiercely. Unwaveringly. Wholeheartedly.
SHE needed him - as her husband, as the father of her four children, as her support, as her other half.
SHE has been able to stand the test of time- with him, because of him, by her side - always one step behind, but never so far that she couldn't reach for him.
Her guide, her strength and stay.
So, you may not respect them, but please have some respect for a love that has survived longer than many of us will ever live, let alone know. A love that has seen a pair of teenagers , thrown in at the deep end, successfully head up an empire. A love that has had a duo so in sync with each other, that they are the longest serving monarch and consort of all time. A love, that was tested, tried and toughened over seven decades.
A love, that lasted.
Thankyou for your life of service, duty and honour, your Highness.
Thankyou for being the family's rock and compass, all at the same time.
And thank you, sir, for making our Queen- your 'Lilibet' - laugh, smile and glow, in a way that only you could
2764.png

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I read this today which I thought was lovely and poignant.

It doesn't matter what you believe about them.
It doesn't matter if you love or loathe them.
It doesn't matter if you think we need them or not.
It doesn't matter if you think they've stood the test of time , or are no longer relevant.
SHE believed in him - From 13 years old, he was 'the one', and she never looked at another.
SHE loved him - for over 75 years. Fiercely. Unwaveringly. Wholeheartedly.
SHE needed him - as her husband, as the father of her four children, as her support, as her other half.
SHE has been able to stand the test of time- with him, because of him, by her side - always one step behind, but never so far that she couldn't reach for him.
Her guide, her strength and stay.
So, you may not respect them, but please have some respect for a love that has survived longer than many of us will ever live, let alone know. A love that has seen a pair of teenagers , thrown in at the deep end, successfully head up an empire. A love that has had a duo so in sync with each other, that they are the longest serving monarch and consort of all time. A love, that was tested, tried and toughened over seven decades.
A love, that lasted.
Thankyou for your life of service, duty and honour, your Highness.
Thankyou for being the family's rock and compass, all at the same time.
And thank you, sir, for making our Queen- your 'Lilibet' - laugh, smile and glow, in a way that only you could
2764.png

F276BCCA-0608-4478-A8CD-42096C17D80E.jpeg

?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Isn't it sad that when so many people have access to countless channels, Sky/Vrigin/streaming etc, they decide to whine about what the Beeb have been showing. A number of people have lost their father/husband/g'father etc... how about a bit of sympathy.

As someone else said, a handful of gaffs amongst 70 years of solid service, working long beyond their qualifying age for retirement. How about some thanks for all their hard work.

How about some reflecting on that and maybe thinking they might just have said the wrong thing?

Thank you for your service Sir. Rest easy, job well done.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I see that many Sports are canceling/rescheduling next Sat events so wondered if anybody's Golf Club's are doing the same or even shutting up for the day?

Last edited:

RichA

Visit site
I can kind of understand why big corporate sporting events might cancel, but for normal everyday folk it seems to go against what the man himself is reported as believing in. Minimal fuss. Life goes on. He supposedly asked for a small minimalist private ceremony.
I guess they have to conform to what is expected, rather than what they might want.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I see that many Sports are canceling/rescheduling next Sat events so wondered if anybody's Golf Club's are doing the same or even shutting up for the day?
I'm hoping RichA is right on this. Pro sport might have to be seen doing what is deemed 'the right thing', arguable whether correct or not, but I'm hoping a wave doesn't impact amateur sport. I remember when Diana died there was a surge of pressure and a domino effect that brought lots of cancellations, I played hockey back then and pretty much all fixtures were called off, much to the bemusement of most players. I'm due to play Saturday and will be very miffed if the course closes.