Rip prince Phillip

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Losing a loved one, as so many families have this past year, is always heartbreaking. My thoughts are with family & all who loved him.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
I understand he’s an important National figure and it’s definitely something that should garner a bit of attention but don’t we think it’s a bit much clearing the tv schedule on both BBC 1 and BBC 2 to show exactly the same programming? Surely one channel would be enough? :ROFLMAO: I mean he was pretty old after all. Tomorrow’s papers: MAN DIES OF OLD AGE.

Hell of an innings. Hopefully Liz is doing ok.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I understand he’s an important National figure and it’s definitely something that should garner a bit of attention but don’t we think it’s a bit much clearing the tv schedule on both BBC 1 and BBC 2 to show exactly the same programming? Surely one channel would be enough? :ROFLMAO: I mean he was pretty old after all. Tomorrow’s papers: MAN DIES OF OLD AGE.

Hell of an innings. Hopefully Liz is doing ok.

I understand your point about two channels but show a bit more respect for the deceased and our monarch.

D-S

Visit site
Is there a rationale behind the BBC playing the same programme on both its main channels? If they have enough coverage, information, stories and interviews to need simultaneous broadcast of two different streams of information, then that is fine. However, playing the same programming over two channels is just halving your output. I’m not sure what they are trying to achieve.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
I understand your point about two channels but show a bit more respect for the deceased and our monarch.

Calm down, I’m not being disrespectful at all. The bloke was 99 years old! Had a bloody good run after a life of service, and it’s right that it should be reported but it’s literally still flashing up as breaking news on kids TV channels?! Absolutely bonkers for a man who literally died of being very old and who everyone (whether they are royalists or not) knew wasn’t in good health.

D-S

Visit site
Standard broadcasting practice when a senior Royal passes.
Happened for Diana and the Queen Mum.
Shame they don’t have enough different content to fill both main channels. A simultaneous repeat seems hardly fitting given the ‘senior Royal’ status.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Calm down, I’m not being disrespectful at all. The bloke was 99 years old! Had a bloody good run after a life of service, and it’s right that it should be reported but it’s literally still flashing up as breaking news on kids TV channels?! Absolutely bonkers for a man who literally died of being very old and who everyone (whether they are royalists or not) knew wasn’t in good health.

Calm down! Get over yourself. A polite version of what I would say to your face.

Your lack of respect to the Queen was my main objection.