Rip prince Phillip

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I'm hoping RichA is right on this. Pro sport might have to be seen doing what is deemed 'the right thing', arguable whether correct or not, but I'm hoping a wave doesn't impact amateur sport. I remember when Diana died there was a surge of pressure and a domino effect that brought lots of cancellations, I played hockey back then and pretty much all fixtures were called off, much to the bemusement of most players. I'm due to play Saturday and will be very miffed if the course closes.

Been to young Bradley Tashys football this morning. Before all the games kicked off at 10.00 am there’s was a minutes silence. I thought it was a lovely touch and very fitting. although looking at some of the 7 and 8 yr olds giggling am not sure they grasped or understood what it was about.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Been to young Bradley Tashys football this morning. Before all the games kicked off at 10.00 am there’s was a minutes silence. I thought it was a lovely touch and very fitting. although looking at some of the 7 and 8 yr olds giggling am not sure they grasped or understood what it was about.
A 99 yr old man they don't know is bound to be pretty meaningless to kids that age. A 20-30 second clap would have been quicker and probably a better option.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can kind of understand why big corporate sporting events might cancel, but for normal everyday folk it seems to go against what the man himself is reported as believing in. Minimal fuss. Life goes on. He supposedly asked for a small minimalist private ceremony.
I guess they have to conform to what is expected, rather than what they might want.
It would however seem to go against his wishes for minimal fuss though will perhaps satisfy the Royalists, PC brigade, Woke & general Snowflakes. Hardly something this man was.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm hoping RichA is right on this. Pro sport might have to be seen doing what is deemed 'the right thing', arguable whether correct or not, but I'm hoping a wave doesn't impact amateur sport. I remember when Diana died there was a surge of pressure and a domino effect that brought lots of cancellations, I played hockey back then and pretty much all fixtures were called off, much to the bemusement of most players. I'm due to play Saturday and will be very miffed if the course closes.

I’m due for my first proper round of golf since I hacked it round Blackmoor with Richart 4 (ish) years ago. So I’ll also be ‘very miffed’ if courses are closed.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Do not know whether the tidying up related to what I am going to write and if so apologie:

Appalled at what happened outside Celtic Park @3 p.m. yesterday.

R.I.P Sir.

RichA

Visit site
It would however seem to go against his wishes for minimal fuss though will perhaps satisfy the Royalists, PC brigade, Woke & general Snowflakes. Hardly something this man was.
I think he might have been a royalist.
Generally, I think you're supposed to wait until after someone disagrees with your inflammatory opinions, then call them a woke, PC snowflake.
You need to check your trolling flowchart.

RichA

Visit site
From BBC news:

"...in a hat-tip to his greatest service - his military service in wartime - his coffin will ride on the back of the workhorse that sprang from World War Two, a Land Rover, that he had redesigned."

Class.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think he might have been a royalist.
Generally, I think you're supposed to wait until after someone disagrees with your inflammatory opinions, then call them a woke, PC snowflake.
You need to check your trolling flowchart.
Glad you got it (y).... no need to wait at all... we've seen people who do that & there's a list. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I see that many Sports are canceling/rescheduling next Sat events so wondered if anybody's Golf Club's are doing the same or even shutting up for the day?
Why would they?
Those who wish to pay their respects on the day will do so. Those who don't wish to, will carry on with whatever it is that they wanted.to. To deliberately remove the choice would, imo, be wrong.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
60 years ago, I think he and we have moved on somewhat.

not really if that article is anything to go by -

Over the past 30 years Prince Philip has killed many kinds of animals.

Figures compiled from press reports by the anti-bloodsports lobby suggest that in Britain alone he has shot at least 30,000 pheasants.

He has also killed deer, rabbit, hare, wild duck, snipe, woodcock, teal, pigeon and partridge in the UK.

Prince Philip used to shoot wild boar in Germany. He and Prince Charles are said to have killed 50 in one day.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
not really if that article is anything to go by -
He has also killed deer, rabbit, hare, wild duck, snipe, woodcock, teal, pigeon and partridge in the UK.

Prince Philip used to shoot wild boar in Germany. He and Prince Charles are said to have killed 50 in one day.

yep we’re all killers, it’s stuff we eat, as to the wild boar they are a pest in N Germany and many are shot. I wonder where the figure of 59 came from. Be interesting to see the proof behind that one.