Rip prince Phillip

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sad news

I have been listening to Planet Rock all morning and heard the news on there. Nice touch - they changed the the playlist to something more suitable.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sad news

I have been listening to Planet Rock all morning and heard the news on there. Nice touch - they changed the the playlist to something more suitable.
All the radio stations are playing sombre or calm music. I know because I've tried 5 different stations to find something more upbeat and they are all the same. Even Capital have knicked the Smooth late night playlist.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I met him once on a military parade in London. I was surprised that he was shorter than I had imagined when he spoke to me.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
i get he might not have been on everyone's Xmas card list but some of the comments on twitter are truly vile

I refuse to look and hope (pray...) that those type of comments don't find their way onto this thread.

I've had the TV on in the background and lots I didn't know about him. His support to the Queen has been nothing short of amazing and totally selfless. She must be devastated.

RichA

Visit site
I'm a lifelong agnostic, as far as the royal family are concerned.
Fate granted him great wealth and privilege. Unlike some, he seems to have devoted a long life to the service of his country and the betterment of others. As someone else has said, I'm surprised how moved I was by some of what I've heard on the radio today.
He clearly wasn't perfect, but I think he was better than I'd have been.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Heard it on Heart radio. It’s one of those moments I will remember when and where, similar to Diana’s death.

RIP Phillip.