Right you lot, time for something different.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
The backswing (especially on the first shot) is longer and quicker than the follow through which means you're slowing down into impact.
Also, are you trying to use the bounce?

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The backswing (especially on the first shot) is longer and quicker than the follow through which means you're slowing down into impact.
Also, are you trying to use the bounce?

I wasn't really trying to use the bounce. its not really apparent on film but I am pitching off a bit of a down slope. Ground very soft too as you can imagine this time of year.

Can see that now about the length of swing. :thup:

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Try swinging back till your hands are about shoulder height and try and mirror that on the follow through.
Get an average of how far the ball goes with all your wedges with the same 'half swing' and that should give you a few options

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Try swinging back till your hands are about shoulder height and try and mirror that on the follow through.
Get an average of how far the ball goes with all your wedges with the same 'half swing' and that should give you a few options

In the market for a laser so will be doing work on pitching distances once I get my grubby hands on one.

Got one less wedge now. :rofl: