Right hand pain from hitting golf balls

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Anyone had pain on the outside of their right hand after playing golf?

Hit a ball on the 18th 2 days ago and felt a small sharp pain on the outside of my right hand, it is still uncomfortable and now hurts to hit golf balls even around the living room.

Wondering if it is something bit more serious than just discomfort.

Where she is rubbing the cream in
nerve-pain-explained-s11-woman-applying-hand-cream.jpg

Craigg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Anyone had pain on the outside of their right hand after playing golf?

Hit a ball on the 18th 2 days ago and felt a small sharp pain on the outside of my right hand, it is still uncomfortable and now hurts to hit golf balls even around the living room.

Wondering if it is something bit more serious than just discomfort.

Where she is rubbing the cream in
nerve-pain-explained-s11-woman-applying-hand-cream.jpg

That's her left hand :whistle:

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
That's the metacarpals shown in the picture. Several things can cause pain. Carpal tunnel syndrome is probably most common that I have heard of and is common if you work in an office or use a keyboard/mouse frequently without having it set up (not the only cause but certainly one that I experienced) or generally repetitive work that strains the tendon in the wrist.
When I got it the pain in the back of my hand was like cramp and just as painful.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Lot of cheeky comments, as expected :D

My house mates girlfriend is a GP who said it looks like repetive strain, gym and golf daily probably causing it.

looks like a week off, now what did I do in my spare time before golf

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lot of cheeky comments, as expected :D

My house mates girlfriend is a GP who said it looks like repetive strain, gym and golf daily probably causing it.

looks like a week off, now what did I do in my spare time before golf

And is that really going to be resting your hands? :whistle:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That's the metacarpals shown in the picture. Several things can cause pain. Carpal tunnel syndrome is probably most common that I have heard of and is common if you work in an office or use a keyboard/mouse frequently without having it set up (not the only cause but certainly one that I experienced) or generally repetitive work that strains the tendon in the wrist.
When I got it the pain in the back of my hand was like cramp and just as painful.
I have had Carpal Tunnel and the main symptom is numbness in the fingers especially in bed.

when I had a ultrasound scan they found a ganglion in my metacarpals.

when I had my op I was the only man there as this is mostly a woman's thing according to the surgeon.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have had Carpal Tunnel and the main symptom is numbness in the fingers especially in bed.

when I had a ultrasound scan they found a ganglion in my metacarpals.

when I had my op I was the only man there as this is mostly a woman's thing according to the surgeon.

Had it myself but luckily didn't need surgery. Numbness is one possible symptom. I got pain and it was suspected to be linked to how I was sitting at work. Using the computer. Physio and a change of seating position helped me.