Ridiculous golf marketing

TheJezster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It's a hole on a course, you have to play it as is. It would be boring if all holes were the same. Way too much moaning on here sometimes, just get on with it, you'll likely live longer too!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It's a hole on a course, you have to play it as is. It would be boring if all holes were the same. Way too much moaning on here sometimes, just get on with it, you'll likely live longer too!

And I agree. The OP (which seems a long time ago now) complained about the design and I happened to agree. Simple as that, and yes, it has to be played and a score made (unless it's a stableford of course or you NR in a medal!). I just don't think it's a great hole. Just that

faroyon

Medal Winner
Visit site
Why do you feel the need to repeat the point? Of course I'm aware of the drop zone but it wasn't the point I was making. If you opt to lay up, the grass is semi-rough and leaves a tricky pitch from an unpredictable lie. If you insist on bringing the DZ into the equation that means you're now playing three and again from it's location, it leaves less than a full shot (not one many handicap golfers relish) and you are now trying that playing three and still over water. If I was going to provide a solution it would be to make the approach to the water a mown area, same length as the fairway where the lie would be more predicatible and there would be a chance to pick aand clean in winter
The reason I felt the need to repeat the point is that being new to the forum,as you can see, I am not yet familiar with it, no doubt if I linger a bit longer and work very hard, I may one day be fit to sit at your feet. It is also 'closely mown' from about 30 yards from the water. The drop zone gives you an option if you have gone into the hazard which extends to the brook and another small pond to the right. It is, in fact a brilliant hole.

D

Deleted member 17920

The reason I felt the need to repeat the point is that being new to the forum,as you can see, I am not yet familiar with it, no doubt if I linger a bit longer and work very hard, I may one day be fit to sit at your feet. It is also 'closely mown' from about 30 yards from the water. The drop zone gives you an option if you have gone into the hazard which extends to the brook and another small pond to the right. It is, in fact a brilliant hole.
Post of the year :thup:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

I disagree but that's your opinion. And you can sit next to me any time and I may even buy you a beer (I wouldn't wander anywhere near my smelly feet)

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
And I agree. The OP (which seems a long time ago now) complained about the design and I happened to agree. Simple as that, and yes, it has to be played and a score made (unless it's a stableford of course or you NR in a medal!). I just don't think it's a great hole. Just that

Don't think the OP complained so much about the design but the attempt to compare the hole with Sawgrass as a marketing gimmick.

faroyon

Medal Winner
Visit site
Don't think the OP complained so much about the design but the attempt to compare the hole with Sawgrass as a marketing gimmick.
It was the 'The cretin who runs this place just cannot get it into his head how stupid it makes him and his club look. All the members have given up with him about it. ' comment that caught my attention. There's obviously some sort of agenda going on.
Sawgrass at 120 odd yards shouldn't frighten anybody even if it was surrounded by dragons.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I think the hole should be lengthened to at least 220.

Then you could lay up before going for the lay up area in 2 :thup: