Rickie Lambert

D

Deleted member 15344

Hasnt a fee , personal terms and a medical already been completed ?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Ignore that, think it might have been a retweet from a few days ago. Seems it is official now, theres a pic of him signing.:(

That pic was taken yesterday.
Will be done tomorrow though, he said as much on tv yesterday.

now will be a case if seeing who we keep and also sign. Need a manager sharpish.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
even though you'll have all that money, who could you buy to replace him and those goals and still favour yourself for a top 4 position, I say no-one!

Ian Rush - we were told he was irreplaceable. We thought he was.

Used the money to but Barnes, Beardsley, Aldridge - made us a better team. No guarantees that you will spend the money wisely (see Spurs for that), but sometimes you can create a better team, less reliable on one player. I still want to keep him though, and build a better team as well.

G

guest100718

Ian Rush - we were told he was irreplaceable. We thought he was.

Used the money to but Barnes, Beardsley, Aldridge - made us a better team. No guarantees that you will spend the money wisely (see Spurs for that), but sometimes you can create a better team, less reliable on one player. I still want to keep him though, and build a better team as well.

Levys impatience has been our biggest problem.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Press releases from both te club and player are encouraging. Always knew we'd not stand in his way and great respect shown by rickie to us too. Wish him all the best at Liverpool. Been an absolute legend for us.

Also so great to see the club state that they accepted the bid as it was his home club and wouldn't feel right stopping him. So, if bmouth wanna have Lallana for £25m then maybe we'll accept!

D

Deleted member 15344

Think he is a good signing for us

Good option from the bench and solid cover

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Good open letter to Southampton and their fans from Rickie Lambert. Seem like a genuine guy that just couldn't turn down the chance to play for his home club.

D

Deleted member 1740

Good open letter to Southampton and their fans from Rickie Lambert. Seem like a genuine guy that just couldn't turn down the chance to play for his home club.

He does seem a genuine chap, I'm made up for the lad he's got the chance to play for us.

On a side note, Southampton have seemed to deal with this transfer impeccably, but they're making Lallana put a transfer request in.

I know they want the best deal possible but it doesn't look good forcing his hand. Why not just accept the mans word??

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
He does seem a genuine chap, I'm made up for the lad he's got the chance to play for us.

On a side note, Southampton have seemed to deal with this transfer impeccably, but they're making Lallana put a transfer request in.

I know they want the best deal possible but it doesn't look good forcing his hand. Why not just accept the mans word??

Cant blame them TBH - normally loyalty bonusses dont get paid once someone officially puts in a transfer request.

D

Deleted member 1740

Cant blame them TBH - normally loyalty bonusses dont get paid once someone officially puts in a transfer request.

Surely it should be, you're not leaving at any price or;

SFC "Adam, we've rejected a £15m bid from LFC for you"

Adam " but i'd like to go to LFC"

SFC "ok we will not let you go for less than £xxm and you'll lose all your bonuses etc"

Adam " ok"

And this applies to when Madrid comes knocking for Suarez...

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Surely it should be, you're not leaving at any price or;

SFC "Adam, we've rejected a £15m bid from LFC for you"

Adam " but i'd like to go to LFC"

SFC "ok we will not let you go for less than £xxm and you'll lose all your bonuses etc"

Adam " ok"

And this applies to when Madrid comes knocking for Suarez...

clubs want to save face. It was an extreme case with lambert. We were never gonna stand in his way for his boyhood club. He's also a lot older. As it is, saints have stated no transfers will occur til a manager is in and has made decisions. Lallana can either accept that it request a transfer. His choice. I'd say if either club is acting inapproprietaly it is Liverpool (not that I think they are) as we've made our stance clear and they've continued to bid.