Rickie Lambert

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I am still unconvinced Suarez will stay if Real or Barca decide he's a must have and come in with a silly offer. I can understand Liverpool not seeking to a PL rival in Arsenal last season but I think money talks and Suarez will walk. If not, and Liverpool can buy wisely and add depth then who knows, maybe they can go one stage further and win the PL

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would love to see the contract Suarez has, as I would like to know the exact amount of the buy out clause. If the is activated then the club can't stop him, it will be in his hands wether he goes or not. If he does go it is not the end of the world, there is talk Cavani and Lavezzi are not happy at PSG so could be possible targets as you would probably get them for what Real will pay for Suarez.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I would love to see the contract Suarez has, as I would like to know the exact amount of the buy out clause. If the is activated then the club can't stop him, it will be in his hands wether he goes or not. If he does go it is not the end of the world, there is talk Cavani and Lavezzi are not happy at PSG so could be possible targets as you would probably get them for what Real will pay for Suarez.
I can't see Liverpool attracting Cavani or Levezzi tbh.

D

Deleted member 15344

Because of more attractive offers else where due to location & money.

Again - still cant see why we cant attract them and all depends on what other offers etc but would certainly never rule out our ability to sign top players ( even more so when we are now in the CL ) and if they decide to go elsewhere because of money - away they go.

D

Deleted member 15344

Wages for a start. They didn't go to psg for prestige.

And we have players on big wages - not many teams can offer the same amount as PSG so if they do leave they will more than likely need to take a wage drop

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I still think Liverpool will only attract players that Chelsea,City,Arsenal & UTD don't want. Then they'll battle it out with Spurs.

D

Deleted member 15344

I still think Liverpool will only attract players that Chelsea,City,Arsenal & UTD don't want. Then they'll battle it out with Spurs.

I remember when Torres was chased by everyone in Europe - Utd where after him every transfer window.

I think we will attract players that we believe will strengthen us and being back in CL will certainly help us - the name Liverpool is still bigger than most around Europe.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I remember when Torres was chased by everyone in Europe - Utd where after him every transfer window.

I think we will attract players that we believe will strengthen us and being back in CL will certainly help us - the name Liverpool is still bigger than most around Europe.

Ok mate just opinion.
Didn't Willian Choose Spurs over you?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
And we have players on big wages - not many teams can offer the same amount as PSG so if they do leave they will more than likely need to take a wage drop

Which makes me think they won't leave. I don't think you'd pay as much as Chelsea, City or UTD. And they strike me as money chasers.

Pretty sure as much as utd wanted torres. They never had an offer accepted, so can't really compare who a player would have chosen first.

D

Deleted member 15344

Which makes me think they won't leave. I don't think you'd pay as much as Chelsea, City or UTD. And they strike me as money chasers.

Pretty sure as much as utd wanted torres. They never had an offer accepted, so can't really compare who a player would have chosen first.

Will certainly know who is money chasers in the summer - if people want more money to play for a different club then away they go. They certainly have a different motivation than i would like at our club

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Will certainly know who is money chasers in the summer - if people want more money to play for a different club then away they go. They certainly have a different motivation than i would like at our club

Because obviously Liverpool players play for the badge:rofl:
How much are Gerrard & Suarez on??
Gerrard as been on top Prem wages along with the likes of Lampard.

D

Deleted member 15344

I seem to remember him snubbing Spurs for Liverpool & then snubbing spurs for Chelsea:thup:

And i seem to rememebr being told that he decided to move elsewhere because of non footballing reasons - rather not have the player

D

Deleted member 15344

Because obviously Liverpool players play for the badge:rofl:
How much are Gerrard & Suarez on??
Gerrard as been on top Prem wages along with the likes of Lampard.

They have performed to earn the higher wages in the club - cant recall them ever leaving to gain more money.

believe both Coutinho and Sturridge took wage drops when they joined.

Again if someone wants to turn us down because another team offers more money then away they go.