Rickie Lambert

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
People talk of the club selling the players, problem is you have 2 players that want to play for England and in the CL. They will never play in the CL with saints. So as soon as a big boy comes knocking it is difficult to keep them, as all you end up with is players that do not want to be at the club and that will breed negativity into the dressing room, affecting all the players. As much as you hate it when it is your club, if your are not competing in Europe then any decent players you have got to be let go as soon as they want it.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
People talk of the club selling the players, problem is you have 2 players that want to play for England and in the CL. They will never play in the CL with saints. So as soon as a big boy comes knocking it is difficult to keep them, as all you end up with is players that do not want to be at the club and that will breed negativity into the dressing room, affecting all the players. As much as you hate it when it is your club, if your are not competing in Europe then any decent players you have got to be let go as soon as they want it.

Whilst I agree, and as gutted as I am. I know we aren't going to stop them. But, as you showed last year. Sometimes you can force them to stay a further year. I mean if you had sold someone last year, you'd not of finished in the position you did.

I think with Shaw also set to leave, we can be sterner with the others as they haven't shown quite so much.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
So were at £30m plus now if Lallana and Lambert come to fruition and still no defence purchases, which usually cost more, build into that how you've always gone on about money and how squads and teams are bought, tell me, what are you now doing differently?

You need at least 2 positive and experienced defenders, what will they cost and then when you factor their costs in, what will be your nett spend this year?

I feel a bit of pot-kettle coming to the fore :smirk:

Keep believing, Fish, that Chelsea's success isn't bought, or that we are in the same stratosphere for buying like Chelsea.

We aren't even close.

Even if we spend 70 mill nett, it will mainly have been EARNT with extra money from the CL, the extra money from the new tv rights this year (which has seen Cardiff earn more than Man U the previous year as champions).

That dead horse you keep trying to flog - name isn't Torres is it?:whoo:

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Come on Robin, let's not get into debating spending, how much did Chelsea spends lady year? Wasn't it about £110m gross and how much of that did they offset with selling players? This year will have a good offset due to the sale of Luiz so the nett spend will probably balance quite well.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The owners released a statement some time ago stating they were in it for the long haul, and that she wanted to carry on her Fathers wishes. Whether this is true or not no one but Katherina knows. Personally I think if she was going to sell it they wouldn't be unloading some of the best assests first.

D

Deleted member 15344

Twitter has a fee agreed with Southampton for Lallana but with a player involved also ? Possibly Borini

D

Deleted member 15344

Sorry mate but...

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez, 27, would find it "very difficult to say no" to Real Madrid if they made a move for him this summer, according to his lawyer.

His "Lawyer" :rofl: - gotta love rumours in papers

Luis Suárez claims to be loving life at Liverpool and has no thoughts of leaving Anfield.

The 27-year-old, who is reportedly of interest to Real Madrid, told Sky Sports News: "I signed the contract because I love it here and I'm so happy here. If you're not happy here you don't sign any contract.

"Liverpool's team for me is one of the best in the world because nobody here in the dressing room thinks I am better than another and the people here inside Melwood work very well.

"I love it here and this mentality I like because maybe in some other dressing rooms I am bigger than you and another bigger, it's difficult for the team-mates to play together on the pitch in something like that."

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Luis Suárez claims to be loving life at Liverpool and has no thoughts of leaving Anfield.

The 27-year-old, who is reportedly of interest to Real Madrid, told Sky Sports News: "I signed the contract because I love it here and I'm so happy here. If you're not happy here you don't sign any contract.

"Liverpool's team for me is one of the best in the world because nobody here in the dressing room thinks I am better than another and the people here inside Melwood work very well.

"I love it here and this mentality I like because maybe in some other dressing rooms I am bigger than you and another bigger, it's difficult for the team-mates to play together on the pitch in something like that."

The papers will be full of rumours all summer.
You know what it's like once the agents start whispering in their ear tho.

Fish

Banned
Visit site

You keep kidding yourself, the bottom line is, if Real want him, they'll get him because his agent and management team will have the main say-so, not the player, they will convince him its the right move for him now.

Those quotes are only relevant at the time he gave them, if Real push the boundaries and pay the amount needed to prise him away, he'll go, and even though you'll have all that money, who could you buy to replace him and those goals and still favour yourself for a top 4 position, I say no-one!

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So if its on Twitter its true, but in the papers its wrong?
Face it, if Real want him he will be there like a flash, Liverpool aren't trying to sign half our team for the fun of it...

D

Deleted member 15344

You keep kidding yourself, the bottom line is, if Real want him, they'll get him because his agent and management team will have the main say-so, not the player, they will convince him its the right move for him now.

Those quotes are only relevant at the time he gave them, if Real push the boundaries and pay the amount needed to prise him away, he'll go, and even though you'll have all that money, who could you buy to replace him and those goals and still favour yourself for a top 4 position, I say no-one!

Noting says we have to accept any bid unless its going above any known release clause ( reported to be anywhere in between £80 -£100 mil ). Madrid may try and do what Arsenal did last summer but we can just as easily say no and the player goes nowhere - regardless of the club. The club has the main say so and they showed that last summer. The management of the player can say what they want.

There is nothing to kid myself about - the club and player have shown the desire to stay and keep building - that will do for me. As much as other teams want to see it happen he wont be leaving.

D

Deleted member 15344

So if its on Twitter its true, but in the papers its wrong?
Face it, if Real want him he will be there like a flash, Liverpool aren't trying to sign half our team for the fun of it...

Not said anything on Twitter is true ? Nor in papers.

We are trying to sign some of your players because they will help improve and strengthen our current squad for the upcoming season

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Noting says we have to accept any bid unless its going above any known release clause ( reported to be anywhere in between £80 -£100 mil ). Madrid may try and do what Arsenal did last summer but we can just as easily say no and the player goes nowhere - regardless of the club. The club has the main say so and they showed that last summer. The management of the player can say what they want.

There is nothing to kid myself about - the club and player have shown the desire to stay and keep building - that will do for me. As much as other teams want to see it happen he wont be leaving.

I hope for your sake he doesn't leave,it'll be like Robbie leaving Take That all over again :mad:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

Inpersonally don't think Suarez will aggitate for a move. I think he likes being adored by the fans. And also knows that at Liverpool at he is número 1. He'd have to share the limelight at Madrid and play at best second fiddle to Ronaldo.

Yhat said, if Madrid were to come in with a silly offer I think he may be less confirming than he was when arsenal come in. Let's be honest here, Madrid is a massive pull to latino players.

I think ink there's more chance if him being at Liverpool than elsewhere come the end if summer. But as Liverpool are showing with signing saints players in contracts. Clubs don't hold the cards, the players do.

D

Deleted member 15344

I hope for your sake he doesn't leave,it'll be like Robbie leaving Take That all over again :mad:

If he goes he goes - we have lost bigger in the past and moved on. Will be disappointed to lose a world class player but the club is still there.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site

That's a big about turn as 12 months ago he was on verge of going on strike to talk to arsenal!

Footballers are so fickle and if real want someone they virtually always get there man even Figo was prised out of Barcelona.

No doubt they'll be the usual lost in translation international duty interviews "I want to go to .... Oh no that's not translated to English correctly!" Quotes......

D

Deleted member 15344

That's a big about turn as 12 months ago he was on verge of going on strike to talk to arsenal!

Footballers are so fickle and if real want someone they virtually always get there man even Figo was prised out of Barcelona.

No doubt they'll be the usual lost in translation international duty interviews "I want to go to .... Oh no that's not translated to English correctly!" Quotes......

12 months ago we finished 8th in the Prem and had zero CL footy and looked a mile away from challenging