Rickie Lambert

D

Deleted member 15344

We could have a wee side bet if you wish? ;)
I'll put £20 into the charity of your choice if he stays, you stick £20 into my Just Giving account if he goes :cheers:

No probs mate :thup:

Win win all round :thup:

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
However you look at it, if he comes on and just unlocks defences then that's good news. It was evident against Chelsea that something a little different was required. The Liverpool game plan is excellent but when some one withstands it the others look carefully and learn so having the ability to mix it up a bit is crucial, and that is why lambert makes sense. Also just having him on the training pitch will help people like Sturridge and Henderson. I seriously think some of you are under rating this guy.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Rickie played in behind Sturridge and Suarez will be a formidable front line. People who don't watch him week in week out just think of him as a striker, and a fairly slow one at that. You couldn't be more wrong. While he's obviously not a whippet he isn't slow for a lad his size/age, but what really sets him apart is his vision and touch. He has a natural ability to pick a pass out before he's even got the ball, and he has the first touch to bring it down and flick it away again in one move. If he doesn't get the service he will go looking for it, and often pops up on the wing, which defences hate as usually one man is tasked to mark him so he doesn't know whether to go or stay. He's also oerfectly capable of taking the back out of the net from just about any range, and has never missed a penalty for us.
I will be devastated to see him go, but what a fairy story, from a beetroot factory to the world cup and then to finish his career at his boyhood club. Arise Sir Rickie!:thup:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Can say with a lot of confidence that Suarez won't be going anywhere :thup:

Lambert knows he is coming in as back up and support for the front three and we need to bolster those areas ( hopefully with Lallana also ) . For £4mil we will be getting a guy who knows where the back of the net is and will play his heart out for the club - that's good enough for me.

Its not a flat £4m, it can increase substantially dependant on appearance and performance add-ons.

I'm not sure this was a priority signing for Liverpool, however cheap he may look. I'd have started at the back and worked forward using every penny wisely to plug the holes, you scored plenty of goals last season and that could be hard to repeat, but you let far too many in and that has to or should be the first and main priority!

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Its not a flat £4m, it can increase substantially dependant on appearance and performance add-ons.

I'm not sure this was a priority signing for Liverpool, however cheap he may look. I'd have started at the back and worked forward using every penny wisely to plug the holes, you scored plenty of goals last season and that could be hard to repeat, but you let far too many in and that has to or should be the first and main priority!

Tbf they spent £18m on sakho last year, I honestly don't think defence is that important to Rogers.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Tbf they spent £18m on sakho last year, I honestly don't think defence is that important to Rogers.

:smirk:

He needs to change the idea of 'we'll just score more goals than you' attitude, its simply not sustainable.

sandmagnet

Head Pro
Visit site
I think it's great deal for Liverpool and lambert! He won't play loads in champs leg but will have plenty of games in prem when Sturridge and goofy are rested, got to remember Liverpool only really played prem footie last season and have loads more games this year. He will be very good against the lesser sides.

D

Deleted member 15344

Can't disagree with that Robin

Think this is just a cheap signing to get sorted quickly

A number of other deals are reported to be in the pipeline

Lallana
Louvren
Spanish left back
Emre Can

Get those in and they fill some crucial holes.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
If Lambert signs for Liverpool I'll show my arse in Woolworths window :smirk:

He's a good player but not champions league quality and that's what we need.

Which town will yer botty be shown in, as a city fan I saw him run us ragged.

positives,
1, English.
2, cheap,
3, good footballer.
4, no baggage.
5, Liverpool lad.

would score more than dzecko if he played for us very good buy

D

Deleted member 15344

Have upped our bid for Lallana to £25mil - £5mil too much but it allows Saints to get £19mil for him which is close tot he £20mil they want.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Have upped our bid for Lallana to £25mil - £5mil too much but it allows Saints to get £19mil for him which is close tot he £20mil they want.

Are you sat watching SKY sports news too?

i like it, telling Southampton £25 take it or leave it. No point flogging a dead horse all summer to then loose out to him going elsewhere. A big fan of tying some signings up before the World Cup too. If Lallana goes and has a good World Cup then his price will go up, so fingers crossed they can sort it now.

D

Deleted member 15344

Are you sat watching SKY sports news too?

i like it, telling Southampton £25 take it or leave it. No point flogging a dead horse all summer to then loose out to him going elsewhere. A big fan of tying some signings up before the World Cup too. If Lallana goes and has a good World Cup then his price will go up, so fingers crossed they can sort it now.

Just got an update from Twitter