Rickie Lambert

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Find it strange/ironical a well more than decent player like Lambert looks generally under rated on here.....the you have CRAP like Wellbeck not only in the England squad but looking like a starter in the World Cup.Beggars belief.

Sadly that's what happens when you don't play for a Champions league club. Too many people with their head up their backsides not understanding there is talent outside of them clubs.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sadly that's what happens when you don't play for a Champions league club. Too many people with their head up their backsides not understanding there is talent outside of them clubs.

It has always been like and always will be. But I do like the idea of signing Lambert, gives another dimension to the team. Sturridge and sterling offer pace, Suarez and Courtinho offer the ability to dribble the ball past players and then Lambert will offer a more direct physical presence upfront.

D

Deleted member 15344

It has always been like and always will be. But I do like the idea of signing Lambert, gives another dimension to the team. Sturridge and sterling offer pace, Suarez and Courtinho offer the ability to dribble the ball past players and then Lambert will offer a more direct physical presence upfront.

Add in Lallana for a bit of creativity and its a pretty good attacking set of options we could possibly have

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

I geneuinaly think you'll be surprised by lambert. People keep going back to his physical presence. But I reckon he could easily play on the hole too. Against teams that sit deep where coutinho or sterling space is wasted, he could thread a ball or bang a 30 yarder.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
I geneuinaly think you'll be surprised by lambert. People keep going back to his physical presence. But I reckon he could easily play on the hole too. Against teams that sit deep where coutinho or sterling space is wasted, he could thread a ball or bang a 30 yarder.

I think he can add a lot more than a big lump like Carroll can. Last year lambert, scored 13, 10 assists, 50% of shots on target, created 54 chances, 56% pass accuracy in opponents half! I think those stats say that he can offer a lot more than a target man. Looking forward to seeing him in a Liverpool shirt.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Add in Lallana for a bit of creativity and its a pretty good attacking set of options we could possibly have

So were at £30m plus now if Lallana and Lambert come to fruition and still no defence purchases, which usually cost more, build into that how you've always gone on about money and how squads and teams are bought, tell me, what are you now doing differently?

You need at least 2 positive and experienced defenders, what will they cost and then when you factor their costs in, what will be your nett spend this year?

I feel a bit of pot-kettle coming to the fore :smirk:

D

Deleted member 15344

So were at £30m plus now if Lallana and Lambert come to fruition and still no defence purchases, which usually cost more, build into that how you've always gone on about money and how squads and teams are bought, tell me, what are you now doing differently?

You need at least 2 positive and experienced defenders, what will they cost and then when you factor their costs in, what will be your nett spend this year?

A left back will be arriving soon and also it appears a DM and a CB - purchases in total are rumoured to be about £60mil ( 4-5 players )

We also will be getting rid of a good deal of players and hopefully balancing the books with those sales - Agger, Enrique etc - hopefully raising around £20 -30 mil - so hopefully giving us a net spend of around £30 mil which is inline with previous years and will be balanced out by two new sponserships and CL money into the club (£30mil plus ).

So again it will be funded within the club without dipping into owners pockets - self sufficent which is how we have been working.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I can see why Liverpool are signing Lallana and Lambert and the former would make more sense than Lambert although again I can see his value. It seems that Liverpool definitely have a set idea of what they need to push on and not doing "a City" and just buying because a player is available.

sandmagnet

Head Pro
Visit site
Q

Don't go upsetting the hubcap chaps fish,they hade a miracle season last year now think they are tittle contenders. Proof will be this season as I fancy them not even in top four!

D

Deleted member 15344

Q
Don't go upsetting the hubcap chaps fish,they hade a miracle season last year now think they are tittle contenders. Proof will be this season as I fancy them not even in top four!
:rofl:

D

Deleted Member 1156

All I can say as a Saints fan is I'm gutted. MP was doing great things at the club behind the scenes, building a fantastic, ultra professional setup with a tremendous academy providing a production line of future talent. The club finances are reportedly sound so hopefully any income from sales will be pumped straight back into new signings.

D

Deleted member 15344

All I can say as a Saints fan is I'm gutted. MP was doing great things at the club behind the scenes, building a fantastic, ultra professional setup with a tremendous academy providing a production line of future talent. The club finances are reportedly sound so hopefully any income from sales will be pumped straight back into new signings.

I can see the club being sold once the players are sold also - is the owner that interested in the club ?

D

Deleted Member 1156

I can see the club being sold once the players are sold also - is the owner that interested in the club ?

All the talk is that she wasn't at first, it just fell into her lap when her father passed away but she is now getting more into it and actually enjoying it so i think the answer to your question is yes.

D

Deleted member 15344

All the talk is that she wasn't at first, it just fell into her lap when her father passed away but she is now getting more into it and actually enjoying it so i think the answer to your question is yes.

No worries - just a bit of chat i heard between a couple of saints fans - worried about her next actions

sandmagnet

Head Pro
Visit site
This is the only thing that drives me mad now in them prem that a team like Southampton will be broken up before it gets to its full potential, had it at the hammers years ago:(

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

I'd imagine she'd of sold up with players still at the club. If we have a fire sale, we will be a less attractive prospect. There's also the legacy if her father. I personally think she has a desire to keep the club.

Will see see over summer, but she has implemented and funded a lot of investment if the pitch. Don't think that would be cost effective in a sale.

A simple ply get us promoted then move in would bring more profit.