Rickie Lambert

D

Deleted member 1740

lp I have you on ignore, so although i know youve replied to one of my posts, I cant see what is says, which is quite nice actully cos you post complete BS

Pot.Kettle.Black

Back to OP, I honestly don't understand bringing in an average 32yr old striker when we've got Borini back who's a better player.

Confused here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Pot.Kettle.Black

Back to OP, I honestly don't understand bringing in an average 32yr old striker when we've got Borini back who's a better player.

Confused here.
AVERAGE?? Really. Check out the goals and assists record for last two seasons in prem. 1 good year and you expect the world. As for Borini, if lambert stays or goes I fancy him to score more than Borini.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I dont mind keeping Borini as a fourth choice striker.

If we sold him for 5 million and got lambert in for 7million, Id be ok with that.

What we need though is a 2nd/3rd choice striker who can play with, alongside or first choice off the bench with the likes of Bony and Remy being my first choices.

Paddy, paddy........can you hear me, paddy.........;)

D

Deleted member 1740

AVERAGE?? Really. Check out the goals and assists record for last two seasons in prem. 1 good year and you expect the world. As for Borini, if lambert stays or goes I fancy him to score more than Borini.

Well he's not world class is he?

I don't expect the world at all, i just don't see where he fits into the side.

I didn't understand the signing of Aspas for 7m and letting a 12m Borini go out on loan last year neither.

Ask yourself this, why haven't Chelsea,City,Arsenal,United signed him if he was as good as you think?

This is the summer liverpool need to improve their squad with 4-5 Top class players to make sure we're in the CL season after next etc.

G

guest100718

I dont mind keeping Borini as a fourth choice striker.

If we sold him for 5 million and got lambert in for 7million, Id be ok with that.

What we need though is a 2nd/3rd choice striker who can play with, alongside or first choice off the bench with the likes of Bony and Remy being my first choices.

Paddy, paddy........can you hear me, paddy.........;)

I can, just your bf on ignore.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Well he's not world class is he?

I don't expect the world at all, i just don't see where he fits into the side.

I didn't understand the signing of Aspas for 7m and letting a 12m Borini go out on loan last year neither.

Ask yourself this, why haven't Chelsea,City,Arsenal,United signed him if he was as good as you think?

This is the summer liverpool need to improve their squad with 4-5 Top class players to make sure we're in the CL season after next etc.

I don't think he's world class, but there is a big gap between average and world class. Rooney isn't world class so that means he drops to average. I'd suggest someone with best part of 30 prem goals and 20 assists in two years for a team that has finished in and around mid table is a much better option that aspas or Borini.

Tbh as as ive said, I think we would sell him to Liverpool out of respect for him and what's he's done. I'd rather keep the player as I don't think we will replace him easily.

I think as he showed after 12 seconds with England, he knows where the net is. And if you sign him. As your first sub striker he will do you a job. I agree that team style wise you probably need a remy or someone pacy to replace Sas if one is injured but I think he's much more than a Carroll as some may suggest.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I don't think he's world class, but there is a big gap between average and world class. Rooney isn't world class so that means he drops to average. I'd suggest someone with best part of 30 prem goals and 20 assists in two years for a team that has finished in and around mid table is a much better option that aspas or Borini.

Tbh as as ive said, I think we would sell him to Liverpool out of respect for him and what's he's done. I'd rather keep the player as I don't think we will replace him easily.

I think as he showed after 12 seconds with England, he knows where the net is. And if you sign him. As your first sub striker he will do you a job. I agree that team style wise you probably need a remy or someone pacy to replace Sas if one is injured but I think he's much more than a Carroll as some may suggest.

Id go with that, he has more to him than what carroll has. If it was 4 million, Id be ok, but 9 million at 32 is very expensive, unless it is to link in with Lallana, and do Bournemouth out of their cut,slightly.

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
A really strange signing this. He is a quality striker but just doesn't seem right for Liverpool, that said a useful squad member as back up for sturridge and Suarez. The wrong side of 30 though in my view, wished we'd signed him from rovers when we were linked along with the saints, I'd take him in a heart beat but we have different targets to Liverpool!

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Id go with that, he has more to him than what carroll has. If it was 4 million, Id be ok, but 9 million at 32 is very expensive, unless it is to link in with Lallana, and do Bournemouth out of their cut,slightly.

I think if bouts get done its disgraceful tbh. But what can you do? Can't really prove it. Rumours are it's been rejected. Our club haven't even mentioned it, they said they'd not be selling. Can't see us keeping hold of everyone. But wouldn't it be good if a little club like ours could say sod off. Your our player/s and you're staying (much like you with Suarez last year).

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
A really strange signing this. He is a quality striker but just doesn't seem right for Liverpool, that said a useful squad member as back up for sturridge and Suarez. The wrong side of 30 though in my view, wished we'd signed him from rovers when we were linked along with the saints, I'd take him in a heart beat but we have different targets to Liverpool!
He doesn't have any pace to lose, not had many injuries in his career,and has a good football brain. Kevin Phillips managed to play to a good old age. Certain players are shot (not literally) at 30, where as others can play for another five years to a good standard. Klose another one that springs to mind, and a similar type of player.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think if bouts get done its disgraceful tbh. But what can you do? Can't really prove it. Rumours are it's been rejected. Our club haven't even mentioned it, they said they'd not be selling. Can't see us keeping hold of everyone. But wouldn't it be good if a little club like ours could say sod off. Your our player/s and you're staying (much like you with Suarez last year).

Yes it would, and it did used to happen 30 years ago (Notts forest, Everton) where a few good players could get added to the viola, you have a very good team.

Not anymore though, the big guns just pick off the flesh of the likes of Spurs, Everton, Soton and take their best players.

Lets face it, they've done the same to Liverpool and Arsenal in recent years as well.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Pretty much my thoughts.
Can't see it being a good move for Liverpool or Lambert.

Good move for Lambert I reckon but with Suarez out of the door in the Summer I can't see Lambert filling his boots at all.
Liverpool must be after another top level striker if Suarez does move.
I do like Lallana (spelling) though, I think he's a cracking player, merits an England starting place in front of Wilshire IMO.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Good move for Lambert I reckon but with Suarez out of the door in the Summer I can't see Lambert filling his boots at all.
I do like Lallana (spelling) though, I think he's a cracking player, merits an England starting place in front of Wilshire IMO.

Maybe financially but his game time will be limited.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Maybe financially but his game time will be limited.
I'm sure he's wages will rise a bit. But you gotta remember, this is a bloke that got rejected by Liverpool as was working part time in a factory. To then got from Bristol to Liverpool / England in 5 years. He'd probably play for them for free!

D

Deleted member 15344

Can say with a lot of confidence that Suarez won't be going anywhere :thup:

Lambert knows he is coming in as back up and support for the front three and we need to bolster those areas ( hopefully with Lallana also ) . For £4mil we will be getting a guy who knows where the back of the net is and will play his heart out for the club - that's good enough for me.