Rickie Lambert

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I agree the football is dire at the moment, i'm not renewing this year as it was painful to watch (apart from when we turned you over 3-1 ;)). However i'd much rather be in our position, rather than yours at the moment.

Yeah I know, good football doesn't guarantee a win every time. Was a good game that, unfortanatkey your 3 attacks all game led to gaols. I've seen your nice treble shirts on sale currently.

I'm not sure what position you think we're in really, it's encouraging to have players that are wanted IMO.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
As a Fulham fan, to be honest we were spoilt over the last 13 years. However as most of us will agree, the faithful at the Cottage will put up with a lot on the premise that the team play the "Fulham Way". We have had our share of mediocre sides especially in the 80's and 90's in the lower divisions but they played a decent brand of football.

I can't help thinking that with the exception of Liverpool's attacking exploits, Man City's firepower and Arsenals neat passing, there weren't many teams last season I enjoyed watching. I'm sure every fan will say we played great but I can only go on what is fed up on Sky and BT sport and on the whole last season wasn't a vintage year. Some games were turgid. Of course you will get the odd crap game in a schedule and I accept that, but having watched a lot of La Liga, their games seemed so more open

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
As a Fulham fan, to be honest we were spoilt over the last 13 years. However as most of us will agree, the faithful at the Cottage will put up with a lot on the premise that the team play the "Fulham Way". We have had our share of mediocre sides especially in the 80's and 90's in the lower divisions but they played a decent brand of football.

I can't help thinking that with the exception of Liverpool's attacking exploits, Man City's firepower and Arsenals neat passing, there weren't many teams last season I enjoyed watching. I'm sure every fan will say we played great but I can only go on what is fed up on Sky and BT sport and on the whole last season wasn't a vintage year. Some games were turgid. Of course you will get the odd crap game in a schedule and I accept that, but having watched a lot of La Liga, their games seemed so more open

Well I'll add both saints and Swansea to that list.
Think both played attractive football. Of course successful football is more important than aesthetics.
La liga is certainly a lot more open, but then their players are more technically gifted so it lends itself to that style. Whilst u may have mocked them earlier. I enjoy a good old stoke (under Pullis) v west ham every now and again. I can't help that the English game has been restricted witht the lack of contact now allowed. I'm not talking leg breakers. But I don't think injuries have gone down since the 90's and yet every weekend on soccer Saturday you'll hear the pundits say "that want a foul when I played" but sure enough out comes a yellow.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
Yeah I know, good football doesn't guarantee a win every time. Was a good game that, unfortanatkey your 3 attacks all game led to gaols. I've seen your nice treble shirts on sale currently.

I'm not sure what position you think we're in really, it's encouraging to have players that are wanted IMO.

It's true, good football doesn't guarantee a win every time, otherwise you clearly would have beaten us more than once since 2003 wouldn't you. :rofl: And I suppose we were lucky our 3 chances went in when we beat you 3-1. And we must have been even luckier when we beat you 4-1 the season before!

In all seriousness tho. I would hate to be in your position, An owner that doesn't want the club anymore, selling all the best players that the team is built around. And there's not even a manager. I'd be seriously worried your owner wants rid, and could use the money from selling half the squad to line her pockets. She's not gonna care about the future of the club is she?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
It's true, good football doesn't guarantee a win every time, otherwise you clearly would have beaten us more than once since 2003 wouldn't you. :rofl: And I suppose we were lucky our 3 chances went in when we beat you 3-1. And we must have been even luckier when we beat you 4-1 the season before!

In all seriousness tho. I would hate to be in your position, An owner that doesn't want the club anymore, selling all the best players that the team is built around. And there's not even a manager. I'd be seriously worried your owner wants rid, and could use the money from selling half the squad to line her pockets. She's not gonna care about the future of the club is she?

Where has she said she doesn't want the club? Have we sold all our best players yet? We haven't appointed a manager yet, not been rejected by any. Indeed you have taken some points of us in recent years. Belive even in championship you got the better of us, bit we still managed to finish 2/3 three seasons in decent positions in relation to yourselves.

She's worth billions, the money really isn't gonna be that important. More will be known start of august, but I'd wager she'll be in charge and we will have spent money. Just like we have done since she took over.

You do paint a rosey picture of west ham though. Even if your fans do want rid of your manager, as he doesn't play west ham football. Not sure what that is as I was born after 66. At least you'll have a nice new stadium soon, but who will fill it if big sam still in charge?

im not saying all our defeats were unlucky. Just that one result doesn't bother me too much. If it were to a rival maybe. But for every defeat to a west ham, I'll take a victory at Anfield. 38 games in a season, as long as we get enough points to progress I'm happy wherever they come from,

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
An owner that doesn't want the club anymore, selling all the best players that the team is built around. And there's not even a manager. I'd be seriously worried your owner wants rid, and could use the money from selling half the squad to line her pockets. She's not gonna care about the future of the club is she?

You couldn't be further from the truth. And we are expecting a new manager to announced in the next few days.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Where has she said she doesn't want the club? Have we sold all our best players yet?

I think after the next week you will have.

Not looking good for Southampton fans. Be interesting to see how the team that starts the season compares to the one that finished last season. Not sure I have ever seen a team so ripped apart in the PL.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

Not looking good for Southampton fans. Be interesting to see how the team that starts the season compares to the one that finished last season. Not sure I have ever seen a team so ripped apart in the PL.

Watched us agaist the mighty bmouth last night. I still think the starting 11 we fielded would be competitive in the league. I'm far from convinced we're in trouble yet. Chambers will be quality in few years but clyne the better rb.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Watched us agaist the mighty bmouth last night. I still think the starting 11 we fielded would be competitive in the league. I'm far from convinced we're in trouble yet. Chambers will be quality in few years but clyne the better rb.

Sky sports news talking about Schneiderlin and Lovren going as well. If true it is big exodus, and show there is not much club loyality these days.

We will be playing the kids this year by the looks of it. We have got some good ones though, so really looking forward to the start of the season.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Sky sports news talking about Schneiderlin and Lovren going as well. If true it is big exodus, and show there is not much club loyality these days.

We will be playing the kids this year by the looks of it. We have got some good ones though, so really looking forward to the start of the season.

Yeah neither if them were at the ground either yesterday. It was amusing if that's the right word that by half time our fans were all talking about where they were. Some of the naive excuses were amusing. I'm still hopeful we'll spend. But belive even if the three mentioned leave. With have a good 11. A few youngsters ready to go on next. But defo need to spend some of our £100m.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...n-ready-to-splash-50m-on-new-look-Southampton

Feel a bit better after reading that. Without trying to sound arrogant, we have become victims of our own success, bigger clubs can come along and just offer our players double what we are allowed to pay them. This FFP thing might be a good idea in theory, but all it is doing is making the top 4 an even more closed shop.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...n-ready-to-splash-50m-on-new-look-Southampton

Feel a bit better after reading that. Without trying to sound arrogant, we have become victims of our own success, bigger clubs can come along and just offer our players double what we are allowed to pay them. This FFP thing might be a good idea in theory, but all it is doing is making the top 4 an even more closed shop.

Sounds good mate, but I'm dubious about the facts when in the first line they refer to Serbian defender Lovren. Who incidently represented CROATIA at the World Cup.