Rickie Lambert

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Madrid may try and do what Arsenal did last summer but we can just as easily say no and the player goes nowhere - regardless of the club. The club has the main say so and they showed that last summer. The management of the player can say what they want.

Do you honestly believe that, are you that naive? If you exercised that, how many players in the future do you think you would attract and how would that player (Saurez) then still feel about your club if they stopped (forced) him not to move, irrelevant of what he has previously said!

Contracts are worthless, they can be bought for the right money, and Real has that buying power and if they want him, they'll get him, simples.

D

Deleted member 15344

Do you honestly believe that, are you that naive? If you exercised that, how many players in the future do you think you would attract and how would that player (Saurez) then still feel about your club if they stopped (forced) him not to move, irrelevant of what he has previously said!

Contracts are worthless, they can be bought for the right money, and Real has that buying power and if they want him, they'll get him, simples.

Was he not forced to stay last summer and also train on his own for his actions and forced to apologise to the team and work his way back into the first team ?

Our owners showed last summer they have a bit of steel about them - so if Madrid want to speak to him then pay the reported release clause.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Personally I think the only reason he stayed last year was because of the lack of offers.
Arsenal's offer of £1 over the release clause was a joke.
Aguero as also been linked with Real.
All rumours at the minute.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Was he not forced to stay last summer and also train on his own for his actions and forced to apologise to the team and work his way back into the first team ?

Our owners showed last summer they have a bit of steel about them - so if Madrid want to speak to him then pay the reported release clause.

I think if he goes it will be for around the €80m mark. But if he kicks off, unlike last time i don't think he would get banished again. It was all well and good doing that when you knew he couldn't play for 6 weeks into season anyway. Next year he's gotta be at it from the get go.

D

Deleted member 15344

Who? Torres?

In the past we have lost players and moved forward - Owen prime example and even before that with bigger and better players - once players leave is what happens next is key - have to ensure the squad is capable to cover the loss. You wouldnt be able to replace someone like Suarez with one player you need to strengthen a number of areas - Man Utd have done it in the past when they lost fake Ronaldo , Spurs tried to do it when Bale went but just went on a spending spree for the wrong players.

But one player doesnt make a club - the club still lives on. I would be more worried when we lose Gerrard and if we lost the manager

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
In the past we have lost players and moved forward - Owen prime example and even before that with bigger and better players - once players leave is what happens next is key - have to ensure the squad is capable to cover the loss. You wouldnt be able to replace someone like Suarez with one player you need to strengthen a number of areas - Man Utd have done it in the past when they lost fake Ronaldo , Spurs tried to do it when Bale went but just went on a spending spree for the wrong players.

But one player doesnt make a club - the club still lives on. I would be more worried when we lose Gerrard and if we lost the manager

I don't think you've ever had anyone better than Suarez, Owen was good but got found out once he lost a bit of pace. Lacked proper skill but was a good finisher, never really rated him that highly to be fair.

D

Deleted member 15344

I don't think you've ever had anyone better than Suarez, Owen was good but got found out once he lost a bit of pace. Lacked proper skill but was a good finisher, never really rated him that highly to be fair.

He was outstanding player for us and our only main striker at the time - not everyones favourite though

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
at the end of the day lets see how next season goes, no point speculating.

I would much rather support Liverpool with an attacking mentality than Chelsea who imho are as dull as dishwater under Maureen :D

D

Deleted member 1740

It's good to see the football threads still revert back to Suarez, very consistent.

Back to OP, I still don't see Lambert fitting into Rodgers "style" but I'd be happy if Rodgers has learnt there's more ways to win games than just his way.

In a sentimental way it's nice to see a scouser wearing the #9 shirt though.

On a sidenote @ Fish I don't think we need many defenders like you seem to think. Conceding goals last season was mainly down to leaving ourselves exposed due to our tactics being so aggressive offensively.

I'd be happy to keep our CB's with the exception of toure and sign a world class RB.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
It's good to see the football threads still revert back to Suarez, very consistent.

Back to OP, I still don't see Lambert fitting into Rodgers "style" but I'd be happy if Rodgers has learnt there's more ways to win games than just his way.

In a sentimental way it's nice to see a scouser wearing the #9 shirt though.

On a sidenote @ Fish I don't think we need many defenders like you seem to think. Conceding goals last season was mainly down to leaving ourselves exposed due to our tactics being so aggressive offensively.

I'd be happy to keep our CB's with the exception of toure and sign a world class RB.

I think he will fit in perfectly, is as good as a playmaker as he is a finisher.