Return to Golf in Scotland

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
We are allowing members to bring guests, but only from one household. No visitors at the moment. Murrayshall appear to be encouraging visitors and I think Gleneagles is too. It would appear that courses attached to hotels rather than golf clubs are allowing visitors.
this was visitors not Guests, i think a few are unhappy as some are strugging to get a time still.

Nairn is not allowing guests and i don't think they plan to for some time

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
At 4.5 miles from the club I'm alright Jack :D. But its hard to get a decent tee time even mid week, the course is mobbed with all these work shy furloughed folk:p
About time yous were all back to work and leave us old duffers in peace :ROFLMAO:

123*

Hacker
Visit site
this was visitors not Guests, i think a few are unhappy as some are strugging to get a time still.

Nairn is not allowing guests and i don't think they plan to for some time

By some time do you have a rough timescale?!

If RD doesn’t allow us to play there we were hoping to play at Nairn. Surely clubs aren’t in a position to turn down £1000 per 4 ball?!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
By some time do you have a rough timescale?!

If RD doesn’t allow us to play there we were hoping to play at Nairn. Surely clubs aren’t in a position to turn down £1000 per 4 ball?!

sorry i don't, at the moment with everyone Furloughed the courses are rammed with members, i'm struggling to even get a couple of times at nairn at the moment, course is rammed every day 8 am to 7PM. if people start going back to work, it might ease up.

i would say though if Nairn starts taking visitors Dornoch will to.

if you want to PM me, when we ease restrictions i will reply.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Nothing new. The original guidelines, as far as I recollect, was that it would be up to individual clubs to regulate whether or not they would allow members from over five miles away to play.

The SGU said that clubs should not police this and it was up to individuals to take a call.

I am surprised that this has reared its head again.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Out for a hit on my own tonight and watched my ball catch the edge of the cup and trickle six inches past on a par three - would have been my first hole in one had it gone in. Still at least I know the shot to hit when I'm on that tee on Sunday with company.

Course is really busy but most people are playing pretty quickly - two and a half hour rounds are the norm at the moment.

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Fun 18 late afternoon today. Putter behaved well delivering 3 birdies. Tough back 9 into an east wind but always nice to be back out there. Two ball rounds are a pretty consistent 2:50-3 hrs - so refreshing to play without any hold-ups.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Out for a hit on my own tonight and watched my ball catch the edge of the cup and trickle six inches past on a par three - would have been my first hole in one had it gone in. Still at least I know the shot to hit when I'm on that tee on Sunday with company.

Course is really busy but most people are playing pretty quickly - two and a half hour rounds are the norm at the moment.

Best time ever to have a hole in one... Nobody in the clubhouse to buy drinks for. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had a wee day out down at Archerfield yesterday (only a wee bit over the 5 miles...). Played with my F-I-L and one of his cronies, a man who has held the Claret Jug more times than Tiger.

Great afternoon for it yesterday and I must say the Fidra was in great shape despite only being 17 holes at the moment as the 4th green gets completely changed (and what a change it is too).

Have to admit the shoulder is a wee bit tight this morning so day of rest today.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Only played the Firda once, really enjoyed it.
Did you get your shoes cleaned? Not a fan of that aspect of Archerfield myself.

The clubhouse is closed at the moment. Its just the halfway huts that are open with the seating outside well spaced out.
But hot food and drinks are still available which is good, the venison bolognese was superb.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Best time ever to have a hole in one... Nobody in the clubhouse to buy drinks for. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mmm - I'm not someone who associates drinking with golf anymore - but I'd have been happy for it to go in in company and delighted to be in a clubhouse buying a round. Having a hole in one while on my own is a nightmare thought though - I'll be aiming an inch to the right on Sunday when I'm on the same tee.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The clubhouse is closed at the moment. Its just the halfway huts that are open with the seating outside well spaced out.
But hot food and drinks are still available which is good, the venison bolognese was superb.

Of course, going indoors is certain death these days!

Venison bolognese is not for me but brilliant to hear you can get food. Nothing at all available at my club, not even a toilet.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Haven't really followed today's announcement but has it changed anything?
Apart from 3 balls virtually nothing.
Still can't go into someone's house except for a quick pee. So many people being let down (shop keepers, pub owners, families etc) A joke but come to expect it!

123*

Hacker
Visit site
Getting a bit more concerned with our trip next month! Most courses in England are allowing 4 ball visitors now, hopefully Scotland isn't too far behind!