Return to Golf in Scotland

BigEasyERGC

Visit site
This year will be all about compromises.

Absolutely and we have all compromised and continue to do so.

Even 3 times a week and not being able to play twice on the same day would be reasonable for reintroducing the game.

Some clubs could see all members playing twice a week and the course being left empty for the remainder of the week.

Just lack of consistency when people can cram into parks and beaches as long and as many times as they want, while you have empty golf courses where it is very easy to socially distance, probably not come into contact with anyone when playing during off peak times.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Absolutely and we have all compromised and continue to do so.

Even 3 times a week and not being able to play twice on the same day would be reasonable for reintroducing the game.

Some clubs could see all members playing twice a week and the course being left empty for the remainder of the week.

Just lack of consistency when people can cram into parks and beaches as long and as many times as they want, while you have empty golf courses where it is very easy to socially distance, probably not come into contact with anyone when playing during off peak times.

I've not seen anyone cram into a park yet. Your attitude is typical of the selfish golfer image that is portrayed in the press and wider community.

Take it up with your club if you're unhappy. Bleating about it on a two bob forum won't win any prizes or change anything.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Robster is it two balls max only? surely they haven't ruled out playing yourself? Lol.

Also the playing two times max a week is a bit extreme! Disappointed.
Billy no mates, that's me :(
I think that they are just going for two for now to see how it goes and then maybe relax it as we go on. Given human nature, and the fact that people could book up slots and then cancel them with 24 hours to go, they want to make sure everyone gets a chance to play. Especially considering it's been so long.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Scottish Golf suggest no more than two households per tee time. Therefore you can have a four ball made up of four persons from one household, or three from one household and one from another, or two from one household and two from another.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My club issued a note, play allowed from 29th unless Scotgov changes anything.
Two people max in any time. Limited to 2 booking per week initially. Zero access to clubhouse but toilet available on the course. Proshop staff there to assist. First time 0730 to allow staff access to do the brilliant job they do. Arrive and leave promptly.
Delighted!

Siolag

Visit site
We are going to be having 2 balls to begin with. Booking opens tomorrow. No visitors or members guests for June anyway, that will be reviewed. Social golf for at least the first phase. I’ll be on a committee call tomorrow to discuss the next phase and also what we do to try and open the bar and food when able to do so.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What do you mean?

You can interpret the guidelines however you want to fit a self interested agenda but it's pretty clear to most that driving long distances to play golf goes against the spirit of keeping people confined to their locality as it describes. But I guess there's already so many people knowingly putting their own interests above a common good so what's the point.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
You can interpret the guidelines however you want to fit a self interested agenda but it's pretty clear to most that driving long distances to play golf goes against the spirit of keeping people confined to their locality as it describes. But I guess there's already so many people knowingly putting their own interests above a common good so what's the point.

They are guidelines, not laws. NS is appealing to people to exercise caution and not take the you know what.

It is more about preventing thousands of people heading to beauty spots (beaches, Loch Lomond etc) than a few people (yes a few in the grand scheme of things) going to play golf, tennis, croquet or fishing. People are reading too much into it, no issue for golf.

BigEasyERGC

Visit site
I've not seen anyone cram into a park yet. Your attitude is typical of the selfish golfer image that is portrayed in the press and wider community.

Take it up with your club if you're unhappy. Bleating about it on a two bob forum won't win any prizes or change anything.

Haha how ignorant. You need to mind your mind your manners and you clearly don't get out much then if you haven't seen the outright disregard to social distancing.

Selfish to want ONE extra round of golf per week when golf courses will likely be empty half the time, aye okay pal, jog on.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Haha how ignorant. You need to mind your mind your manners and you clearly don't get out much then if you haven't seen the outright disregard to social distancing.

Selfish to want ONE extra round of golf per week when golf courses will likely be empty half the time, aye okay pal, jog on.

My manners are impeccable.

Your club has set out the rules. Email them if you're not happy. Incidentally i had a stroll through the local park again tonight and only saw one man and his dog. Even the cycle path wasn't crammed with people disregarding social distancing.

Golfers should be delighted to be able to participate in their sport again while others are less fortunate yet all you can do is moan about the frequency.

What will be will be.

I despair.

Mick68

Visit site
We're solo or 2 balls from 29th unless there's any new announcement before then. No mention of a limit on distance from course. One of the guys I play with lives about 15 miles away. As long as he drives straight to the course and doesn't stop anywhere I can' t see how he'd be putting any more people at risk than me who lives less than a mile from the course. We've got competitions listed on the website from 12th June with a 'welcome back' 9 hole competition then a full Saturday and Wednesday programme of competitions from then on. Will be interesting to see if that goes ahead.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Friday the 29th for us , 3 balls are allowed :love:

There is so much confusion about what is and what isn't allowed. Scottish Golf states:-

"Once golf has resumed, the following groupings will be permitted to play Golf in Scotland:

• Two Balls – 2 players who may be from two households whilst maintaining physical distancing
  • Groups of up to 4 four players permitted at the discretion of the golf club (ensuring that only two households are represented in the group)"

BigEasyERGC

Visit site
My manners are impeccable.

Your club has set out the rules. Email them if you're not happy. Incidentally i had a stroll through the local park again tonight and only saw one man and his dog. Even the cycle path wasn't crammed with people disregarding social distancing.

Golfers should be delighted to be able to participate in their sport again while others are less fortunate yet all you can do is moan about the frequency.

What will be will be.

I despair.

A complete lack of self awareness as well? Rude and a complete lack of manners, as you say, great image for golfers, keep it up!(y)

You went for a stroll last night, when it was teaming down with rain and howling with wind, haha funny that eh genius? Deary me!

I am ecstatic like us all to be finally getting back to playing the game we all love. More important things in life just now and reintroduction measures are understood and accepted, but because i voiced an opinion of wanting ONE EXTRA round of golf when courses will be half empty, that doesn't call for some loudmouth to come on here and shout that mouth off.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
There is so much confusion about what is and what isn't allowed. Scottish Golf states:-

"Once golf has resumed, the following groupings will be permitted to play Golf in Scotland:

• Two Balls – 2 players who may be from two households whilst maintaining physical distancing
  • Groups of up to 4 four players permitted at the discretion of the golf club (ensuring that only two households are represented in the group)"
our email said the same for 2 balls but 4 balls could be from the same household