Return to Golf in Scotland

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Come on Jacko be realistic do you really think any club will enforce this guideline

I would agree though if clubs did you would have to follow the rules, that in turn would cause chaos and ill feeling ,
That’s why this guideline will not be enforced and golfers have nothing to worry about.

If SG say it should be adhered to then yes I can see golf clubs adhering to it. That would be a severe kick in the stones! Hopefully clarification will follow.

Can any of the Irish on here comment on how their clubs are doing this, is it being "enforced" is a blind eye being turned? After all we are still in a pandemic situation. Can't lose sight of that.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Friend just told me one of his clubs said
"Scottish Golf are suggesting a 5 mile limit, we will leave it up to members conscience to decide what is local."

D

Deleted member 3432

Friend just told me one of his clubs said
"Scottish Golf are suggesting a 5 mile limit, we will leave it up to members conscience to decide what is local."

Hope this is reliable source ;)

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If your club decides that this is a guideline they want to use then you can't go against your club rules without risking some sort of punishment/irk in return.

Absolutely. It's going to be interesting seeing the different approaches clubs take. I suspect many people will disregard the travel limits and it will become a significant test of many clubs character and their approach to rule enforcement. Rules without sanctions are no rules at all.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
If SG say it should be adhered to then yes I can see golf clubs adhering to it. That would be a severe kick in the stones! Hopefully clarification will follow.

Can any of the Irish on here comment on how their clubs are doing this, is it being "enforced" is a blind eye being turned? After all we are still in a pandemic situation. Can't lose sight of that.

The Irish government said their 5km for golf must be strictly enforced , that’s different to what Scottish Golf and the FM are saying.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
The Irish government said their 5km for golf must be strictly enforced , that’s different to what Scottish Golf and the FM are saying.

Again thats not what I'm asking. I was asking how strictly it is being enforced/adhered to. I know what has been said in Ireland and I know what our First Minister has said.

I am more interested in whether clubs are cancelling bookings or stopping members booking tee times etc. Or is a blind eye being turned?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Again thats not what I'm asking. I was asking how strictly it is being enforced/adhered to. I know what has been said in Ireland and I know what our First Minister has said.

I am more interested in whether clubs are cancelling bookings or stopping members booking tee times etc. Or is a blind eye being turned?

I posted a link to a news story from ireland yesterday. Police checking number plates in club car parks (I assume that they are checking against the registered address) and the club had to cancel bookings and block more distant members from booking on BRS

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Well, we've now been given a number of guidelines
  • The booking system goes live on Monday at 9am
  • Only book one week in advance
  • Asked to play a maximum of twice a week
  • So can only book tee times twice in a week
  • Two balls only
  • Members only, no visitor or guests
  • Report to the pro shop before playing to confirm names of all those playing
  • Clubhouse will remain closed
  • If you need your clubs from the clubhouse arrange to collect them in advance
  • Shoes can be changed in the car park
  • 2 metres distance at all times anywhere on the course or in the car park, pro-shop etc.
  • Pro-shop has put distancing and screening in place
  • Practice area and putting green out of use except putting green can be use immediately before you play
  • Make sure we are displaying our 2020 bag tag (get from the Pro shop)
  • No more than one group on the tee
  • Do not arrive in the car park more than 10-15 minutes before your tee time
  • Minimum 24 hours notice to cancel a booking
  • All bookings will be carefully monitored
That covers the main points

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
Today, in her update, Nicola Sturgeon clearly said that "Five miles is not going to be a strict limit, but it is intended as a guide" when travelling to sports facilitiies.[/QUO
Today, in her update, Nicola Sturgeon clearly said that "Five miles is not going to be a strict limit, but it is intended as a guide" when travelling to sports facilitiies.

I never heard her say that, thought it was to do with visiting family

BigEasyERGC

Visit site
Well, we've now been given a number of guidelines
  • The booking system goes live on Monday at 9am
  • Only book one week in advance
  • Asked to play a maximum of twice a week
  • So can only book tee times twice in a week
  • Two balls only
  • Members only, no visitor or guests
  • Report to the pro shop before playing to confirm names of all those playing
  • Clubhouse will remain closed
  • If you need your clubs from the clubhouse arrange to collect them in advance
  • Shoes can be changed in the car park
  • 2 metres distance at all times anywhere on the course or in the car park, pro-shop etc.
  • Pro-shop has put distancing and screening in place
  • Practice area and putting green out of use except putting green can be use immediately before you play
  • Make sure we are displaying our 2020 bag tag (get from the Pro shop)
  • No more than one group on the tee
  • Do not arrive in the car park more than 10-15 minutes before your tee time
  • Minimum 24 hours notice to cancel a booking
  • All bookings will be carefully monitored
That covers the main points

Robster is it two balls max only? surely they haven't ruled out playing yourself? Lol.

Also the playing two times max a week is a bit extreme! Disappointed.

D

Deleted member 3432

Robster is it two balls max only? surely they haven't ruled out playing yourself? Lol.

Also the playing two times max a week is a bit extreme! Disappointed.

Initially they are making sure everyone gets an opportunity to play, not just those sitting with fingers poised when the tee times go live.

Once it has been going a few weeks they can look at things with a view to tweaking things a bit. Lets be honest two games is better than non at all!

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
From the First Minister's update this morning...

"As well as those changes, some non-contact outdoor leisure activities will be allowed to restart from the end of next week - such as golf, tennis, bowls and fishing – croquet as well, as I was asked about in Parliament - subject to appropriate hygiene and physical distancing.

People will be able to travel – preferably by walking or cycling - to a location near their local community for recreation. But here we are asking you to stay fairly local. Five miles will not be a strict limit but it is a guide. We don’t want, in this phase, people congregating at tourist hot spots - because crowds of people – even if they’re trying to socially distance - brings more risk than we judge is safe to take at this time."

The full report can be found here...
https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-update-first-ministers-speech-22-2020/

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
From the First Minister's update this morning...

"As well as those changes, some non-contact outdoor leisure activities will be allowed to restart from the end of next week - such as golf, tennis, bowls and fishing – croquet as well, as I was asked about in Parliament - subject to appropriate hygiene and physical distancing.

People will be able to travel – preferably by walking or cycling - to a location near their local community for recreation. But here we are asking you to stay fairly local. Five miles will not be a strict limit but it is a guide. We don’t want, in this phase, people congregating at tourist hot spots - because crowds of people – even if they’re trying to socially distance - brings more risk than we judge is safe to take at this time."

The full report can be found here...
https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-update-first-ministers-speech-22-2020/

Not sure what the mileage bit does really, same infective advice/guide given in England. Apart from schools which finish earlier than in England seems very similar to England.