Return to Golf in Scotland

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just checking one of our entry sheets for saturday 30th may and there are some highly dubious interpretations of "local" going on.

D

Deleted member 3432

our start sheets are full now and have been for weeks.

our roll up group was asked to cancel all the long term bookings (they play every, mon, wed and fri) only for other people to just book multiple times, some have two or even 3 times a day:(

The club should be scrubbing out any existing bookings now there is a date to start play again and setting some 'rules' in place around how the booking system is going to be run. For example ours is currently only operating 48 hours ahead and members are asked to limit games to a max of 3 a week and play weekdays if you are not working.

I suspect your booking system will be closed down shortly to make the changes necessary to set it up around the guidelines for starting intervals and player numbers. If you can't get a tee time until the date you mention I would be appalled.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Yes - I'd imagine courses will be very busy given no one has played since early March and a lot of people will still be on furlough, not to mention it will be likely restricted to 2 balls 10 mins apart.

PaulS

Visit site
our start sheets are full now and have been for weeks.

our roll up group was asked to cancel all the long term bookings (they play every, mon, wed and fri) only for other people to just book multiple times, some have two or even 3 times a day:(
Real classy membership doing that - no thought for their fellow members.

Club should delete all bookings and then only allow a specific amount during the week whilst it’s 2 balls.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lots of people are going to ignore this so will need a degree of enforcement if it's going to happen. Assuming it's a genuine need for this restriction how about clubs allowing members to "pair off" with those from other clubs so people get access to the courses they live near?

We'll see. I'm hoping the unions, trust and clubs do this sensibly with some sort of sanctions for people who take it too far. One name I see is resident in Glasgow... 10 or 20 miles is I suppose within reason but 70? Nah.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Our club hasn't opened up BRS yet as it's waiting for direction from the Golfing authorities. I imagine it will be a bit of a bun fight then. I'm hoping they will manage it so that people don't play silly buggers. I've got 4.5 days holiday to take before the end of June so if need be I'll take some time off during the day if that's the only slot I can get.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It says you'll be able to meet one other person from another household outdoors.
That was exactly the same as us in ??????? so highly likely that golf will follow suit, ie 2 balls.

Where did it say you could meet one person from another household? I heard you could meet one other household , no mention of numbers.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Where did it say you could meet one person from another household? I heard you could meet one other household , no mention of numbers.
From the Scottish Gov. publication...

https://www.gov.scot/publications/c...otlands-route-map-through-out-crisis/pages/4/

"Seeing family and friends: We are planning in this phase to change regulations to permit people to use public outdoor spaces for recreational purposes, for example to sit in a public space. We are also planning for one household to meet up with another household outdoors, in small numbers, including in gardens, but with physical distancing required."

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
From the Scottish Gov. publication...

https://www.gov.scot/publications/c...otlands-route-map-through-out-crisis/pages/4/

"Seeing family and friends: We are planning in this phase to change regulations to permit people to use public outdoor spaces for recreational purposes, for example to sit in a public space. We are also planning for one household to meet up with another household outdoors, in small numbers, including in gardens, but with physical distancing required."

My understanding of one household is that everyone in that household could meet up with everyone else from another household, other wise why would they not word it ‘one householder’

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
My understanding of one household is that everyone in that household could meet up with everyone else from another household, other wise why would they not word it ‘one householder’
That's how I understand it too. It would mean you can meet family members rather than just individuals as long as they all lived in the one house.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Under the procedures from Scottish Golf I’ve just read golfers should only broadly travel 5 miles from their home to play, also clubs should determine how many tee off.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Under the procedures from Scottish Golf I’ve just read golfers should only broadly travel 5 miles from their home to play, also clubs should determine how many tee off.

This is guideline. Sturgeon said on the evening news that the 5 miles were to try and prevent hordes of people travelling to landmarks and that people should use judgement.

Plenty people are travelling more than 5 miles to walk their dogs on their favourite walk, some of which are along golf courses!

Will be interesting to see if any clubs try to police this. Will be a lot of angry golfers if they do.