Return to Golf in Scotland

Visit site
Although I've been too occupied with other stuff to restart..i may start to play here next week

As a special offer to all my fellow countryfolk - i will be happy to host any of you at my club until yours are open

Guests from Gleneagles and North Berwick are particularly welcome - reciprocity is not necessary but we are all gentlemen here :p

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
As i said what will be will be.

I finish up on June 1st for 3 weeks. Could be perfect timing. I better crack on with my garden "make over" in case i get the urge to hit a wee whit baw about in the next week or two....

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Only concern that I can see is the 'in your local areas' bit. Are you going to be hit with a similar travel restriction for golf as Ireland have

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
No mention of restrictions as to whether or not 2, 3 or 4 balls or if visitors will be allowed. Perhaps that will be up to each individual course.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
The general advice is that "local area" refers to roughly 5 miles but that isn't going to be rigidly policed. I'm walking distance to my course so not an issue for me but will be interesting to see the extent to which that is applied.

I'm certainly going to visit my mum as soon as we're allowed to meet another household in their garden and that's 60 miles or so.

Saw a story earlier today about police in Ireland checking number plates in golf club car parks to see whether the registered address for the vehicle was within an acceptable distance of the club

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
That would be interesting. Lots of loopholes in that method I think.

My other half is an obsessive outdoor swimmer and has been missing that during the lockdown. Her nearest swim spot is 5.8 miles away and she's (rightly I think) decided that will be OK. The next is 6.4 miles, she's not sure about that one. And another favourite is about 13 miles which she's decided she still won't do.

This is the story

https://www.thegolfbusiness.co.uk/2...b-that-some-members-traveled-too-far-to-play/

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I'd imagine the 'not all things will start next Thursday' was more a reference to the likes of health and child care provisions.

I reckon golf will be on next week. Hopefully Thursday, but certainly by Friday.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Our booking sheet isn't active yet. Three courses to pick, I wonder how quickly it will get fully booked.
our start sheets are full now and have been for weeks.

our roll up group was asked to cancel all the long term bookings (they play every, mon, wed and fri) only for other people to just book multiple times, some have two or even 3 times a day:(

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd imagine the 'not all things will start next Thursday' was more a reference to the likes of health and child care provisions.

I reckon golf will be on next week. Hopefully Thursday, but certainly by Friday.

At least greenkeepers have a week's notice to have courses ready by then.