Refridgerator problem.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can I ask the good old forum?
We have a 4year old Bosch 60/40 fridge freezer. Multi Air Flow, No Frost.
The fridge keeps freezing, youghurts on middle shelf and even the carrots a freezing in the veg compartment.
Can anybody help please?
Thanks.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had this with our Samsung. It was the trickle vent at the back of the fridge was blocked and did something to the cold air circulation. Frozen veg and even milk was the order of the day.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had this with our Samsung. It was the trickle vent at the back of the fridge was blocked and did something to the cold air circulation. Frozen veg and even milk was the order of the day.
Thanks Greg, so I suppose that means pulling the fridge freezer out to get at the back?

TerryA

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I had a problem similar to this with a 3 year old frost free freezer. Apparently, you get a build-up of ice behind the pannel and you have to turn it off for 24 hours to let the ice, which is not visible, melt. Then turn ot back on and ots fine.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks Greg, so I suppose that means pulling the fridge freezer out to get at the back?

On ours the vent is inside the fridge at the back just above the bottom shelf glass. It’s like a V channel in the back wall that collects condensation and removes it from the fridge. With that blocked I think the condensing items were just freezing.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
On ours the vent is inside the fridge at the back just above the bottom shelf glass. It’s like a V channel in the back wall that collects condensation and removes it from the fridge. With that blocked I think the condensing items were just freezing.
That's what I found

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would suggest calling Appliance Care in(the manufacturer service). A fridge freezer is more important than asking on a forum. In the earlier days of this style of fridge freezer, the BSH group had a whole world of problems with them that they couldn’t sort.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I would suggest calling Appliance Care in(the manufacturer service). A fridge freezer is more important than asking on a forum. In the earlier days of this style of fridge freezer, the BSH group had a whole world of problems with them that they couldn’t sort.
Thanks, will look in to that. ?

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Look at vent on inside as Greig suggests we had a small tool to clear the vent that came with the instructions.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The OP said it was a 60/40 Bosch, not a 2 door American style fridge freezer. These are very different in construction to the American style I suspect most replies here are alluding to.

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
We have a Beko and it's the same, I think it's standard the way they all operate, we just poke a small bottle brush down the outlet and give it a turn or two, there is usually a visual build up of water confirming the vent is blocked.

Certainly worth giving it a try before calling anybody out.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can I ask the good old forum?
We have a 4year old Bosch 60/40 fridge freezer. Multi Air Flow, No Frost.
The fridge keeps freezing, youghurts on middle shelf and even the carrots a freezing in the veg compartment.
Can anybody help please?
Thanks.
Worth checking, Bosch usually gives a 5-year warranty (y)

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks for all replies but still can't get to the bottom of it.

I put a call out to services on Friday and still waiting for a call back!

I'm away for a few days next week so will try again when I get back.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks for all replies but still can't get to the bottom of it.

I put a call out to services on Friday and still waiting for a call back!

I'm away for a few days next week so will try again when I get back.
Update on the fridge problem.

While I was away wife went to local shop where we bought it from. They recommended a local fridge engineer who they said is very good.

He came round yesterday, no call out charge, identified the problem.....
Actuator flap not working so preventing the air circulation.
He said that getting spares now can be a real problem and did we want him to get them. We said yes please ?.

Later that evening he texted and he could get the part,
£60 and £55 fitting charge, all in £115 total inclusive.
Again, we said yes please.
Result!