Recommendations for Courses near Claythorpe, Lincs

GaryK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Off the visit the MiL next week and the Mrs has given me permission to take my clubs.
I'll be playing with my son (16 yo) who doesn't play that often, so looking for a course that isn't too tricky (or expensive).
The actual location we are staying at is LN13 0DU.

D

Deleted member 17920

Budget wise

Cheap and cheerful, woodthorpe that’s not far from you. I

Then Kenwick Park and Louth a few miles more but again price wise a bit dearer than Woodthorpe.

You’ve got quite a choice.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Passéd woodthorpe a couple of times whilst staying at bros van in Mablethorpe. Looks a nice little course. Especially if 16 yr old lad is not a regular player. Lovely garden centre there as well.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sandilands is closed, in case you see it on Google. The Skeg Golf Centre would be a place to knock it around not worrying about other players, there's a 9 hole short and unremarkable golf course, 6 hole pitch and putt. Good driving range. You could defo pass the afternoon there, it gets a lot of traffic from the caravan parks but you'd certainly not be worried about holding members up!

However.

I'd go to North Shore. Okay many of the seaward holes would be too difficult for him but it has that great linksy feel. The inland 9 is parkland. Its not a long course but there are some tough holes, but if I wanted to introduce someone to what golf has to offer that's where I'd go. Ring the pro shop and see if they have a quiet time you could get out, I've played on it empty. Then fish and chips in the clubhouse (below). Perfect golfing day out!

IMG_3662.JPG

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Sandilands is closed, in case you see it on Google. The Skeg Golf Centre would be a place to knock it around not worrying about other players, there's a 9 hole short and unremarkable golf course, 6 hole pitch and putt. Good driving range. You could defo pass the afternoon there, it gets a lot of traffic from the caravan parks but you'd certainly not be worried about holding members up!

However.

I'd go to North Shore. Okay many of the seaward holes would be too difficult for him but it has that great linksy feel. The inland 9 is parkland. Its not a long course but there are some tough holes, but if I wanted to introduce someone to what golf has to offer that's where I'd go. Ring the pro shop and see if they have a quiet time you could get out, I've played on it empty. Then fish and chips in the clubhouse (below). Perfect golfing day out!

View attachment 27614

Looks nice, my parents have got a place up at Sutton-on-Sea so will have to check that out next time I'm up. Gutted Sandilands closed down, really enjoyed that course.

D

Deleted member 17920

Looks nice, my parents have got a place up at Sutton-on-Sea so will have to check that out next time I'm up. Gutted Sandilands closed down, really enjoyed that course.
Apparently they are still playing on it. Greens are been cut regularly as the owner is still trying to sell it as a golf course.

I hope that happens. I thought it would just become a caravan site.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Apparently they are still playing on it. Greens are been cut regularly as the owner is still trying to sell it as a golf course.

I hope that happens. I thought it would just become a caravan site.

Ah, so there's hope! I never got to play it but my buddy always wanted us to have a match there, maybe we'll give it a go...

Dannyc

Visit site
My mother and sister have just bought a caravan in Cleethorpes is this close to the courses u lads are talking about
I’ll defo be up there with my clubs at some point