Recommend Me Some Sunglasses

Essex_Stu

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Well I've just bought a pair of Flak Jackets off Ebay.

It looks as though they were custom ordered ones that were either returned or the customer never collected as they're not the colour scheme that most online retailers stock.

$(KGrHqFHJBcE7)y6+CbqBO+P!,2Tww~~60_3.JPG

I quite like the white frames, not sure on the red bits though, but they were relatively cheap considering they have polarised lenses in, and I can change the colour of the red bits for about a tenner.

Also found a place online with the G30 lenses fairly cheap so will wait until the glasses turn up to decide if the standard lenses are ok for golf or whether I want to have the XLJ's.

Not convinced they'll suit me but I reckon that anyone who's prepared to wear a Trilby for 18 holes of golf isn't that bothered about what they look like anyway! :D

I also suffer from watering eyes for the first few holes each time I play. It looks like I'm crying over missing a short putt!
Looking forward to seeing if these help with that too.

Thanks to everyone for the replies. :)

Nice glasses. Where did you find the G30's cheap if you dont mind me asking?

john0

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I didnt realise there was so many people on this forum who play golf abroad.....here's me thinking you were mostly based in the UK!

Whee

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Have never worn glasses while playing, usually due to the fact they'd come flying off my face during my follow through! Might have to make a little purchase though, it gets bloody bright out here!

connor

Tour Rookie
Visit site
whats this g30 lens?

i normally have blue polarised lenses but mine got scratched to hell last year in work whilst using the disc cutter and also having them slide about the van and i bent the frams slightly from wearing my hardhat with them.

Want new sunnies this year and always had oakleys since was a nipper. Going to keep a pair specifically for golf as for normal wear im going to give raybans a blast this year

DelB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Last edited:

Mr_T

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Does anyone have/tried the oakleys jawbones? They would come in very handy for cricket and golf but I have no idea what they would be like

connor

Tour Rookie
Visit site
cheers del

hmm i know its a simulated picture but it looks awful. Might just get the ice blue polarised ones again as they gave a more "normal" looking through to them.

DelB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Best way to check is to go into a stockist and try them on. I wasn't going to risk shelling out the best part of £200 without testing them first! :whistle:

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had mine for 10 years silver frames ,blue lenses, proper nice, lost them when i'd had to many sherries on holiday so on the look out for another pair, cheers Del for shairing

DelB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I must be due you a round or two, Steve! Joined Haddington at the tail end of last year, so if you fancy 18 there and then 9 along at Gifford, that'd be a good wee day trip for you. ;)
More than happy to come back to your place if it suits you better though. :D

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
I must be due you a round or two, Steve! Joined Haddington at the tail end of last year, so if you fancy 18 there and then 9 along at Gifford, that'd be a good wee day trip for you. ;)
More than happy to come back to your place if it suits you better though. :D

No probs mate your welcome at mine anytime,i'll check my dates and let you no mate ,see if we can sort something out.