Recommend a course between Bath and Blandford Forum that drains well

Kennysarmy

Visit site
As the title.

Next Wednesday I may be driving between Bath and Blandford Forum and will be looking to stop off somewhere for 18 holes, preferably a course (give the time of year) that drains exceptionally well.

Any recommendations for something close to this route?

Cheers
J

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Mendip Golf Club probably, it is on the side of a hill

West Wilts probably, a hill top course above Warminster

I stayed at mendip last week for work, looked pleasant enough although pretty short based on the holes I saw on the entrance road. Range looked good, pro shop was nice and they do a decent breakfast.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I stayed at mendip last week for work, looked pleasant enough although pretty short based on the holes I saw on the entrance road. Range looked good, pro shop was nice and they do a decent breakfast.

you see very little of the course driving in most of it is on the hill behind the clubhouse.

Although short by modern standards (about 6200 yards) the test is in the terrain and design.

wjemather

Visit site
Your description sounds like Mendip Spring (Congresbury, near Bristol) rather than The Mendip (near Wells and Shepton Mallet).

D-S

Visit site
Your description sounds like Mendip Spring (Congresbury, near Bristol) rather than The Mendip (near Wells and Shepton Mallet).
If so, the holes you see at the entrance are part of the short 9 holes not the main course which does get very wet and cannot be described as draining well.