Golf Stag Doo!

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Why don’t you do fancy course for Friday before others join and then get on with the stag do for non-golfers. I expect most non-golfers won’t mind not having to pay out extra money.

Could try crazy golf as a lot of trendy bars have it to keep the theme if you want to tie it all together and then do something different as a group.

Sekiro

Visit site
A few places offer things like football golf, would that be an option, sounds very Stag-do to me and more of a “laugh with the lads”

Or even try a city centre crazy golf course, I played one in Manchester last summer, it was only a small course but a good laugh and you can drink all the way around the course (with a 1/2 way bar so you can get a top-up), you can even all get dressed up in golf themed outfits and play pub/bar golf as part of the activities (will be more enjoyable for all parties involved imo).

If you have to get a round of golf in, do an extra day at the start of the weekend just for the golfers and have the rest of the stag party arrive on the evening for drinks with everyone.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
I went on a stag do where a round of golf was included and the non-golfers got really fed up, really quickly. For a start, by necessity you have to split into groups of four so you lose the pleasure of being out together.

You could try having an early start for the golfers and then they join the non-golfers somewhere else afterwards. Alternatively (or additionally) you could try Top Golf - I haven't been but I'm told it's a cross between golf and ten-pin bowling - drinking while swinging is positively encouraged!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I went on a stag do where a round of golf was included and the non-golfers got really fed up, really quickly. For a start, by necessity you have to split into groups of four so you lose the pleasure of being out together.

You could try having an early start for the golfers and then they join the non-golfers somewhere else afterwards. Alternatively (or additionally) you could try Top Golf - I haven't been but I'm told it's a cross between golf and ten-pin bowling - drinking while swinging is positively encouraged!
Top Golf is good fun, you don't need your own clubs, you can drink as much as you like while playing. I don't know how they're operating post-Covid though.