Recievers in at ChavWorths

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
TBQH, the only sad thing abiut ChavWorths closing is that it will leave people out of work. As a shop that used to offer a good selection of goods in a well laid out manner at the right price & reasonable quality left our highstreets many years ago, to be replaced with the second rate company that today it now is. Where better electronics can be found more competitively priced, where childrens clothes can be found cheaper & better elsewhere, where you can say the4 same for the stationary etc.

I think the last thing I bought from woolies was a mars bar & a bottle of miniral water several years ago & although I've popped in since, I've had a quick brows before coming back out disapointed yet again.

Unlike the Banks, the Government is highly unlikly to bail out ChavWorths. And as I say the only sad thing is that yet more Brits are going to be out of work, whilst we still have an influx of migrant workers, which on one hand we can't blame them for wanting to get jobs & better pay than they have in their repective countries, though I believe the irony is now some of the Polish are leaving as their ecconemy is booming where ours is sinking. As I say on one hand brits being made redundant, whilst there is still an influx of migrant workers & the Government barely even pays lip service to coming up with an adequate solution to The UK's real problems.

The Woolies we all used to know & love was RIP many years ago. So there really these days is little to bemoan apart ffrom the joblosses. Perhaps the workers should go & do some agency work in Poland...rofl (not a serious suggestion). But my best wishes do go to the staff in the hope they can find other suitable occupations shortly.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
TBQH, the only sad thing abiut ChavWorths closing is that it will leave people out of work. As a shop that used to offer a good selection of goods in a well laid out manner at the right price & reasonable quality left our highstreets many years ago, to be replaced with the second rate company that today it now is. Where better electronics can be found more competitively priced, where childrens clothes can be found cheaper & better elsewhere, where you can say the4 same for the stationary etc.

I think the last thing I bought from woolies was a mars bar & a bottle of miniral water several years ago & although I've popped in since, I've had a quick brows before coming back out disapointed yet again.

Unlike the Banks, the Government is highly unlikly to bail out ChavWorths. And as I say the only sad thing is that yet more Brits are going to be out of work, whilst we still have an influx of migrant workers, which on one hand we can't blame them for wanting to get jobs & better pay than they have in their repective countries, though I believe the irony is now some of the Polish are leaving as their ecconemy is booming where ours is sinking. As I say on one hand brits being made redundant, whilst there is still an influx of migrant workers & the Government barely even pays lip service to coming up with an adequate solution to The UK's real problems.

The Woolies we all used to know & love was RIP many years ago. So there really these days is little to bemoan apart ffrom the joblosses. Perhaps the workers should go & do some agency work in Poland...rofl (not a serious suggestion). But my best wishes do go to the staff in the hope they can find other suitable occupations shortly.

Was this an apology for your earlier post, blaming yourself for not buying anything at the store for many years resulting in their demise, or blaming it on immigrant workers??

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nah not at all my first post was serious, if with a certain amout of homour. rofl

No blame on immigrant workers, they all have to do what they feel they do.

I Blame the government & society in general. & wollworths for not remaining competitive enough & intuitive enough to offer decent quality products at decent prices displayed in a way that would have made for easy shopping as they once used to offer.

However, they no-longer do any of the above, so only now seem to be places for spotty oiks to hang out & teenage mothers to barge through everyone, including all of us who used to remember what woolies used to offer & we get mowed down everytime we forget what that woolies is no-longer woolies. And as I said in my last post has not been Woolies for many years & is actualy now chavworths...

So long chavworths... Perhaps it'll be replaced with something far better where the current workers can get a surely more rewarding job.

So no its definitly not an apology nor should need to if anyone with eyes in their head could see the humour. ;)

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ooooh, what a post!

I'm not sad to see the store go, but it's desperately grim for all those that will be made redundant.

f.w.i.w. it had become a rubbish store, useless for anything other than the odd DS lite game or cheap dvd.

Just goes to show, the no-it-all experts couldn't save a big name, if they'd kept the goodwill of the name and had a proper thought about what to sell and how to present the stores it could've survived.

Sadly, I'm as guilty as anyone for buying my CDs and sweets from out-of-town supermarkets.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looks like Woolies will be saved, just watched the news and load of supermarkets are interested in buying it, also the Greek one off the dragons den is interested.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nah not at all my first post was serious, if with a certain amout of homour. rofl

So no its definitly not an apology nor should need to if anyone with eyes in their head could see the humour. ;)

Sorry m8 but I must be going blind then. I couldn't see anything humourous at all in your post, let alone anything to get you rofl

andycap

Head Pro
Visit site
I think the interested buyers are more focused on the value of the land that the stores sit on , rather than saving the company as it is now