Ray Wilkins get well soon

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
BBC saying he has had a massive cardiac arrest.
Hope he pulls through it.
Get well soon Ray.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Doesn't look very good, but certainly hope he pulls through. 4th day after is apparently a 'key' day!

All the best Ray!

D

Deleted member 18588

Always comes across as a thoroughly decent bloke. Hope he pulls through.

They restarted me twice in a couple of hours 17 years ago so, please God, the medics can work their magic on him.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
He's been put in an induced coma, that unfortunately to me is not good and I fear the worse.

Sad sad day :(

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What a player. Comes across very well on the radio as well. Would love to hear the truth as to what happened at Chelsea a couple of years ago. He has never spilled the beans. This does not sound good but here's hoping for a full recovery.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Can only echo the other thoughts, always came across well be it on radio or TV, always talked sense, never bigged himself up and kept quiet about the incidents at Chelsea. Is well thought of amongst the fans. Get well soon Ray.

And nice to see the thread started by a football fan from another club. :thup:

"Ray is one of those select few, always present, noble in spirit, a real blue-blood, Chelsea flows in his veins ... without him we wouldn't have won a thing." Carlo Ancellotti.

D

Deleted member 15344

Doesn’t sound too good at all - hope he pulls through , always seemed to speak well and certainly a lot more sense than a lot of people on the box or radio. Has he had a health scare before ?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Doesn’t sound too good at all - hope he pulls through , always seemed to speak well and certainly a lot more sense than a lot of people on the box or radio. Has he had a health scare before ?

Not that I'm aware of LP, but I believe he has had issues with alcohol which is now being more & more recognised as a factor in heart issues and is a point hammered home in the rehab for these things.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Not that I'm aware of LP, but I believe he has had issues with alcohol which is now being more & more recognised as a factor in heart issues and is a point hammered home in the rehab for these things.

had a double heart bypass last year, not been too well last few years from the sounds of it sadly

get well soon Ray

D

Deleted member 15344

Wasn't aware of that, makes it more concerning. :(

Yeah I remember hearing someone of the radio about a previous issues and maybe something contributing to him leaving Chelsea ?

Certainly concerning for him and his family - hopefully the induced coma can help him

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Yeah I remember hearing someone of the radio about a previous issues and maybe something contributing to him leaving Chelsea ?

Certainly concerning for him and his family - hopefully the induced coma can help him

he has admitted he is an alcoholic - got done for drink driving about 18 months ago, 3 times over the limit and swigging from a bottle behind the wheel after he crashed. maybe if he got the jail sentence he deserved then, he might have got proper treatment.

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
he has admitted he is an alcoholic - got done for drink driving about 18 months ago, 3 times over the limit and swigging from a bottle behind the wheel after he crashed. maybe if he got the jail sentence he deserved then, he might have got proper treatment.

this is so sad to hear and read esp when he could prob afford a driver or taxi home in most cases !!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
this is so sad to hear and read esp when he could prob afford a driver or taxi home in most cases !!

As for the other most recent celeb with a serious alcohol problem and discussed here - alcoholics are largely oblivious to the damage they are doing to themselves and others and in denial that they have a serious problem - so of course he'd think he was OK to drive...the disease was telling him that he was just fine :(

Hope he pulls through...nice guy struggling with a serious problem

D

Deleted member 1418

Just heard very sad news that Ray Wilkins has passed away. My first Chelsea hero. An absolute gentleman. Thoughts to all his family. RIP.