Ramside Hall Durham - Cathedral Course

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Played this course yesterday in an Open. Thoroughly enjoyed it and thought it was a nice track. Pretty varied with some lovely views. It's like a championship course with massive greens and large bunkers.
What makes the course seem longer is the distances between the greens and the tee boxes, which I liked. However the distance between the second green and third tee box is a little too much at some 430 yards. So if you do play it a buggy might be preferred.
Total walking distance was 5.9 miles and it took our 4 ball 4 hours 45 minutes to play. We kept up with the group in front, but the time limit was not an issue as it was an Open.
Will definitely return

D

Deleted member 16999

Played this course yesterday in an Open. Thoroughly enjoyed it and thought it was a nice track. Pretty varied with some lovely views. It's like a championship course with massive greens and large bunkers.
What makes the course seem longer is the distances between the greens and the tee boxes, which I liked. However the distance between the second green and third tee box is a little too much at some 430 yards. So if you do play it a buggy might be preferred.
Total walking distance was 5.9 miles and it took our 4 ball 4 hours 45 minutes to play. We kept up with the group in front, but the time limit was not an issue as it was an Open.
Will definitely return
Won’t be there for too much longer mate, going back to 27 holes, Clubhouse, Range and last few holes on Cathedral been sold for a housing estate.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd heard this course was being split up and part of it being used for housing. Rumour being there would be 3 x 9 holes with the Prince Bishops course being saved in full. No chat suggesting that? Maybe that was rumour only.

I played it shortly after it opened. They opened it too early and did themselves no favours. It felt too long, gaps between holes were long and it was very tough off the whites. It's had time to grow since then so perhaps it now works better and I should try it again. I would say though, you are the first person I've met who likes it :D.

Good set up at Ramside, I like it.

D

Deleted member 16999

Was originally 27 holes with those 27 making the 2 courses, Prince’s and Bishop’s.
Owner more interested in cash and corporate golf.

D

Deleted member 16999

Not sure about a new Clubhouse, their Captain was saying there was talk about the reception in the Spa taking on the Golf admin.
The range is very popular and they have a large junior section, disappointing to see those 2 suffer.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
The longish hole over water? Thought it was one of the better holes. The par three down the hill, par four after then short par 4 up the hill were terrible, dont they call it amen corner as well?😂

Trapdraw

Medal Winner
Visit site
The longish hole over water? Thought it was one of the better holes. The par three down the hill, par four after then short par 4 up the hill were terrible, dont they call it amen corner as well?😂

The whole of the new course is awful to be honest, it will improve the course by turning it into a housing estate.

Trapdraw

Medal Winner
Visit site
Lol none of us were impressed to be honest but it had only been open a short while. It certainly needed a good few years to mature but I take it that won’t happen.

I’ve played it quite a few times now, mainly because I have a mate who was a member. It’s a poor course, the original 19 to 27 holes were better, I preferred those.
According to my mate, when they played comps on the new course not many members would play due to not liking it.