Raising your right heel

HappyHybrids

Visit site
Hi folks, new member here. I'm also fairly new to the game as a whole. Hacked around for years wishing I could be better, but then I found some golf buddies I can get a round with regularly, so I've started taking it more seriously in the past 9 months.

I had one lesson just before Xmas (worked wonders with my grip) but I still struggle to generate power. The pro highlighted me not pushing off from my right foot and suggested this could help. However, it's something that I'm still very conscious of doing, which means I'm not doing it right.

Basically my process is address, swing, hit then it's like "oh, raise your heel now" - a fat lot of good that's doing.

How do I bring something like that in to my game subconsciously?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
It's a bit tricky to tell what's going on without seeing your swing but......
When you make your backswing, do you feel your weight
1. evenly spread on both feet
2. more on the front foot
3. more on the back foot

HappyHybrids

Visit site
It's a bit tricky to tell what's going on without seeing your swing but......
When you make your backswing, do you feel your weight
1. evenly spread on both feet
2. more on the front foot
3. more on the back foot
Had to do a dummy swing to check that..definitely the back foot on my backswing, with my heel slightly raised on my front foot.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Had to do a dummy swing to check that..definitely the back foot on my backswing, with my heel slightly raised on my front foot.

It sounds as if you may be swaying a touch putting too much weight on your back foot which is then harder to transfer to your front foot.
Try keeping your weight more even on both feet, that should help you get forward quicker and promote a better turn back and through

HappyHybrids

Visit site
It sounds as if you may be swaying a touch putting too much weight on your back foot which is then harder to transfer to your front foot.
Try keeping your weight more even on both feet, that should help you get forward quicker and promote a better turn back and through
Thanks bud, I'm going up the range tomorrow so I'm going to take some slow-mo videos even just for my own viewing, but it'd be nice to get some pointers from them too. I'll be sure to post them, should hopefully show up my deficiencies better than I can describe them.