quit because of the sherman's?

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cant really tell if you are swaying during the swing as that can often cause shanks, so keeping your head still is a good start.
Having now seen the video I would like to see you lift your hands at address by an inch or two.

(Waits patiently for the next sarcastic comment)

Much worse than a sarcastic comment, DelC agrees with you.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Oh,the shame...I had a dose of them last night in front of our pro whilst at a group lesson at the indoor place -Portman St. in Glasgow.
Was soon corrected by..would you believe it...trying to hit them,well sort of!Keep the head still and don't sway to try and guide the clubhead onto the ball,take the club back straight and not on the inside,and finish the bl..dy swing on balance.
Sounds simple doesn't it?...Until it just creeps in when you don't expect it and you just feel like crying/suicide/giving up/walking off etc,etc.
Seems to have been fixed for now(well until I get to our 2nd-short par 3-on Saturday)
As the tag line says'lots of optmism'
Jimbo

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Use the box method. So simple.

avoid-the-shank.jpg

As a serial shanker this fixes me every time, although I replace the box with a range bucket ;)

Now every time I'm at the range this is how I hit evertything

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I was playing off 2 and quit for 7yrs because of a bout of them, just annoyed me that I would stand on the range for 4hrs a day working on my swing then shank it round the course with a card in my hand, what a waste of a life.

Swing looks OK (could just be a simple timing issue that, as someone said, you will sort out just by hitting more balls). Looks like your head might be a little too much 'over' the ball rather than staying behind (secondary tilt) it, but hard to say without a face on vid.

seasidehacker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I was shanking everything at the range a few weeks ago. I just tee'd up higher to get my confidence back then started to lower the tee again. Forget hitting it off the matt everything goes low right

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
[video=youtube;4knyV-48pmY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4knyV-48pmY[/video]

I've played around with the settings so that its less dark.... you can view either one still though.

I think I can see the problem. In the downswing as you approach impact you are pushing your right knee out towards the ball with your right foot is getting up on the toe early. This gets you closer to the ball at impact.

Try keeping your right foot down a little longer and let it roll in rather than lift onto the toe. Also push your right knee into your left knee rather that it drift outwards. I think you will then see the back of the blighters.

socky

Head Pro
Visit site
So firstly I need to thank the coach who sent me a long and detailed mail on things to check and why he thinks I'm shanking. All this while out of the country on business.... The forum is lucky to have committed and generous members. Plus thanks to the rest who have shared their tales of grief or just laughed along with me in my pain. Latest update is that I hit the range and tried the hints and advice and for ten balls it worked . Then they were back - the worst shot in golf.... Then it may sound odd but I hit one towering 6iron and thought "they've gone" and the last ten balls were shank free. Maybe they'll be back be back again but I know that eventually they'll be gone and my love of golf will still remain. Bruised, shaken but still strong.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
So firstly I need to thank the coach who sent me a long and detailed mail on things to check and why he thinks I'm shanking. All this while out of the country on business.... The forum is lucky to have committed and generous members. Plus thanks to the rest who have shared their tales of grief or just laughed along with me in my pain. Latest update is that I hit the range and tried the hints and advice and for ten balls it worked . Then they were back - the worst shot in golf.... Then it may sound odd but I hit one towering 6iron and thought "they've gone" and the last ten balls were shank free. Maybe they'll be back be back again but I know that eventually they'll be gone and my love of golf will still remain. Bruised, shaken but still strong.

:thup:

G

guest100718

If I hit a shank it's always because i have hit from the top.