Quick questions about hybrids

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
That's a good idea. My fitter was based out of a shop at a TopTracer range, so I might ask in there to have a look!

(No, they don't use TopTracer for the fitting)

Honestly think that’s what I’d do, go a few times and test both out. Don’t make a decision after 1 session, build up your own data and decide from there.

Reactions: sjw

MiurasFan

Blackballed
Visit site
I don't use fairway woods.
When you're in a normal address posture and the only part of the club head touching the ground is the toe, then lie angle is definitely a consideration. We're all different, but I'm aware of others who don't like hybrids because they're generally too flat.
So how tall are you? Presumably, that's what is causing the lie issue. Longer shafts - perhaps via an extension - could be a solution. I'm marginally the other direction - relatively short legs, longer body and arms for height but no issue with lie angles.

RichA

Visit site
So how tall are you? Presumably, that's what is causing the lie issue. Longer shafts - perhaps via an extension - could be a solution. I'm marginally the other direction - relatively short legs, longer body and arms for height but no issue with lie angles.
🙄
I'm not looking for a solution. I didn't start the thread.

Teebs

Visit site
You adjust the lie angle on some of the Ping hybrids. I'm sure they are flatter than some by design and seem to be less 'left bias' compared to my previous club (Callaway hybrid, non adjustable).

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Any hybrid where you can adjust the loft will allow the lie to be adjusted. TM adjustable heads offer standard lie or upright lie. However with a graphite shaft are you really going to notice a one degree difference and how often do you have a totally flat lie on a fairway anyway.

I find hybrids/ rescues a lot easier to hit than a fairway wood. I play mine in the same way I play an Iron i.e ball then divot.

Jason.H

Visit site
I have 2 Taylormade sim 2 max hybrids at 22 and 25 degree lofts, amazing clubs not adjustable.
I also have a Titleist TSR2 hybrid at 18 degree and is ridiculously long enough to take out my 3 wood. It’s adjustable as is my driver but I never change settings just get to know them as they are.