• Down

Votes: 101 51.0%
  • Stayed roughly the same

Votes: 50 25.3%

• Total voters

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
To help with an online piece for the website can you let us know how your handicap has been affected with the new index and provide as much info and background as possible in the comments below. Much obliged..

IanMcC

Visit site
Roughly the same. Handicap was 9.4 under CONGU. HI will be 7.7 once my final round is entered, which gives me a Course handicap of 9 on yellows and whites.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was off 16 and new index says 14.5 I was expecting it though as our course was given a slope of 131 off the whites, which is higher than most of the other courses in the local area. But I think that means I'll still get the usual 16 shots on my home course??

Unfortunately two of my best eight counting scores are 19th and 20th on the list, so in all likelihood it will balance back out to 16 index anyway after my next two comps. :LOL:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
CONGU handicap 6.1
Indicative WHS Index 7.2
With our White tee slope of 138 my Course handicap comes out at 9....
95% of that still gives me 3 shots more on the same course as my 6.1 was achieved at.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Currently off 12 exactly...WHS index is supposed to be 11.2 but I've played a couple of comps in October that aren't reflected in the Index yet.

At our club 50% of players have lower indexes than their Congu handicap, 30% higher and 20% are exactly the same. The vast majority of those who have stayed the same are those who dont have 3 scores in their record since Jan 2018 and have been automatically allocated an index the same as their Congu handicap.

Scott W

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Down in terms of index but with slope roughly same

CONGU 17.9

WHS 15.2

Playing off whites 18 (or 17 if 95%)

Cant see playing history as they claim not to have my email - despite sending me emailed newsletters every month :mad:

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Congu = 19.5
WHS = 17.1 so a course hcp (white) of 20 and a typical playing hcp of 19.

It does seem to have lost four of my qualifiers tho so I'd expected a little bit higher. The scores were from quite a while ago so who knows. And no CSS yet.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Congu 10.4
WHS 9.6

Can't quite see the logic in it as it's been a terrible few years for my game. Still, the slope at my gaff will give me an extra few shots, so there's that..
Oh, and I'm hearing strong rumour that the CSS hasn't been used to calculate the initial index as shown on the EG Website. So mine might come down some more yet.. Joyous..

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
From 14.1 to 13.7 although i probably haven't got a full 20 scores. At my course that puts me off 13 for yellows and 14 for whites, but I gain 3-4 shots at other courses I've played recently. Part feel they've put the slope rating at my course lower than it should be as I don't feel there is that much disparity if I knew the other courses better.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Congu 20
Index 18.4

On the course I play the slope adjusts it to 20 so when I play at home there is no change. That makes sense when I think about it.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Was on 23
New HC is 26 off the whites
25 off the yellows

Imurg is up 3 to 9 and CVG is up 5 to 18, but he is a grandad.

We are playing a bounce game tomorrow and will try out the new numbers and report back ?

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
CONGU 15.1
WHS index 15.9, playing handicap from the white and yellow tees 18.

I've had a very poor couple of years playing so I'm not surprised by this depressing turn of events.