• Down

Votes: 101 51.0%
  • Stayed roughly the same

Votes: 50 25.3%

• Total voters

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Congu 14.6, HI 13.2, slope adjusted to 15 so basically no change. I haven't played too many competitive singles rounds in the last couple of years due to injury, I am unsure as too how many qualifying scores were used to calculate my h/i but I suppose its a fair reflection of the dire state of my game right now.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Was on 23
New HC is 26 off the whites
25 off the yellows

Imurg is up 3 to 9 and CVG is up 5 to 18, but he is a grandad.

We are playing a bounce game tomorrow and will try out the new numbers and report back ?

So played off the whites 138 using the provisional handicap figures as above

CVG had 27 points
Imurg 34
Fragger 39

Equal to 22 / 31/ 36 in old money

Played well, but not 39 points well, Imurg reckons the 3 extra shots is adding to my confidence.
Unintended consequences

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
I was off 0.6 now off +1 HI

Course Par 70
Rating of Course 71.2
Slope 134

Has me playing off scratch round my home track which makes life easier.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
So congu is 9.5
Index 9.2
whites 10 124
blacks 11 126
reality is I would have played off 10 on both sets of tees, and the css would have tidied it all up..
The last rounds I shot were 3 and 4 under these and the consequent calculations have just given me more shots. So if we say your HI were based on your congu for your course the calculation would be
congu hc - (((course rating/113))-1)* congu hc) = base hc for a 113 rated course
so based on that my HI should be 9.5-(((126/113)-1)*9.5 )= 8.4 .... or have I over simplified it all by saying use your current congu handicap and utilise the course rating ?? This would mean you just play normally at your own course and adjust when you travel ..
I don't think you've included any adjustment for Course Rating (unless that's what the stuff in brackets, which I'm puzzled about it's purpose, is).

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
But aren’t the WHS handicaps currently being sent out missing most of October’s scores as well as any adjustment required for CSS? So a bit premature, no?

In Scotland they are only estimates that are being shown on the app. I'll vote once I know what my index actually is.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
CONGU 10.8
WHS 10.7 :(
Course slope 120
Playing handicap 13.(y)

Category 3 for first time in 45 years.:( Or have categories been scrapped ?:unsure:

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
5.6 to 4.6, but my home course i'll play off 5.4 using the new system.

I've also worked out if css is used on Nov 2nd I'll drop to 4.3

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
CONGU 10.8
WHS 10.7 :(
Course slope 120
Playing handicap 13.(y)

Category 3 for first time in 45 years.:( Or have categories been scrapped ?:unsure:

Categories are scrapped with the WHS.

The only real reason for having them is that the adjustment per stroke for score better than handicap is different with each Cat.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
CONGU 10.5
WHS 7.0 :unsure:

Not sure whether to believe the Scottish Golf App yet though. Too many courses to list slopes etc.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't think you've included any adjustment for Course Rating (unless that's what the stuff in brackets, which I'm puzzled about it's purpose, is).
Yeah that accounts for course rating so if you have a congu handicap on a course that’s harder or easier than average it changes the number of strokes received. CSS would still operate, it doesn’t fluctuate massively anyway .. so you would receive your cut etc
But I suppose it doesn’t address the congu systems inability to keep up with improving golfers.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I am not sure mine is right yet because I think it has changed in the last few minutes. Only just got my CDH number so I couldn't check before.

Handicap - 36 (was quite happy not having to take 3 shots on any hole anymore!)
Handicap index - 26.5 (I think this was 26.0 about 30 minutes ago)
Playing handicap at home: 24 of the whites and 21 of the yellows (par 68, course rating 65 and 63 of the different tees).

I might not win any comp soon ;-)

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
But I suppose it doesn’t address the congu systems inability to keep up with improving golfers.
Are you saying that Congu doesn't address...? Or that WHS doesn't the (same) issue?
Congu did attempt to 'automate' the improving golfer issue with the ESR process, but even that was generally 'behind'. A previous club (prior to the ESR clauses) had a fear of members giving the (resort) club a bad name for 'banditry' in corporate events that many members played, so kept a close eye on the various swindles (there were at least 4) and did his own 'cutting' where he felt it necessary.
I've had 2 periods where comp results couldn't keep up with my improvement under Congu - that would likely have still had the problem under WHS. Neither system really handles rapidly changing ability particularly well imo.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I am not sure mine is right yet because I think it has changed in the last few minutes. Only just got my CDH number so I couldn't check before.

Handicap - 36 (was quite happy not having to take 3 shots on any hole anymore!)
Handicap index - 26.5 (I think this was 26.0 about 30 minutes ago)
Playing handicap at home: 24 of the whites and 21 of the yellows (par 68, course rating 65 and 63 of the different tees).

I might not win any comp soon ;-)
You, and other high cappers in particular, need to consider/be aware of Slope as well! At least if you play other courses, particular more difficult ones, as Course (not 'Playing' (though you do specify 'at home') handicap would very likely be different (higher).