D

Deleted member 1147

Congu is 4.1
Index is 2.4
Playing off the whites at home is 2.7

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
To help with an online piece for the website can you let us know how your handicap has been affected with the new index and provide as much info and background as possible in the comments below. Much obliged..

@MarkT really to early at the moment as EG suppliers failed to use the correct algorithm and there are still Q,s and supplementary cards to be entered. Best after 2 Nov IMO looking at some of the data I’m wadding through.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Currently 4.6. Handicap index is 3.2, which when calculated with our slope rating of 133 gives me a playing handicap of 3.7 for my home course, assuming I have calculated correctly.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Don't rely on anything you see on the WHS site until Nov 2
With the number of inaccuracies, missing data and, seemingly guesswork thats apparent they should have shut access to the public as soon as possible because its just causing confusion.
From where I sit they've made a right dog's dinner of it..

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
With the number of inaccuracies, missing data and, seemingly guesswork thats apparent they should have shut access to the public as soon as possible because its just causing confusion.
From where I sit they've made a right dog's dinner of it..

Someone's done a cracking job; take your current handicap, work it up or down to your handicap index according to your home course slope rating, and then get a table out to work it down or up (the opposite direction to the one you've just done) to about where it used to be to get your home course playing handicap.

I take it whoever sold this to the golf authorities got tired of selling snow to Eskimos and wanted a new challenge? An ashtray on the Ducati would be more use to me.

gary996

Visit site
Congu 14.2
WHS 11.7
Tbh other than one 36 pointer I’m not sure I’ve been struggling around 30ish in most stable ford comps for ages. No idea how that would translate in a reduction. Was expecting to go up to 16 or so... wait and see for November I guess.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So congu is 9.5
Index 9.2
whites 10 124
blacks 11 126
reality is I would have played off 10 on both sets of tees, and the css would have tidied it all up..
The last rounds I shot were 3 and 4 under these and the consequent calculations have just given me more shots. So if we say your HI were based on your congu for your course the calculation would be
congu hc - (((course rating/113))-1)* congu hc) = base hc for a 113 rated course
so based on that my HI should be 9.5-(((126/113)-1)*9.5 )= 8.4 .... or have I over simplified it all by saying use your current congu handicap and utilise the course rating ?? This would mean you just play normally at your own course and adjust when you travel ..

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’ve put ‘roughly the same’. Congu is 20.3, whs is 18.6, but with slope it works out at 20 at my home course. I guess that they idea if it really.

fenwayrich

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I expect that mine will be roughly the same but every one of the gents handicap indexes showing for my club is miles out, not to mention the inaccuracies in the calculations generally. We will need to send out a communication letting people know that what they can see now will change significantly when corrections are made (hopefully before November 2nd but I'm not holding my breath).

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Played like a turnip for two years due to long term health problems and injury and it’s projected to go to 4.9

Won’t be enough.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Up and down :)

current handicap is 25.7, new one is 23.3, but I now get to play off 28 at my home course, so I guess up is the right answer?

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
CONGU handicap 5.2
Indicative WHS Index 4.3
White tees: rating 70.8, slope 130, par 70.
New course handicap: 6
New strokeplay playing handicap: 6 (5.7)

So stayed broadly similar but will get an extra stroke in strokeplay comps as things stand. I've flitted between 5 and 6 as a congu handicap for the last 3 years or so, so the WHS appears to have been pretty accurate (potential adjustments over the next 10 days notwithstanding). The best part is, based on these numbers, I can tell folk my "index" is four but I'll actually get six :sneaky:

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
CONGU handicap 9.9
Indicative WHS Index 8.7 (I think this is incorrect, should be 8.2)
White tees: rating 72, slope 142, par 72.
New course handicap: 11 (based on indicative), 10 (based on my calculation)
New strokeplay playing handicap: 10 (10.3 indicative, 9.8 my calc)