Quick poll... Hatton’s hoodie: yes or no?

Are you a fan of Hatton’s hoodie?

• Yes

Votes: 112 46.1%
  • No

Votes: 57 23.5%
  • Couldn’t care less

Votes: 80 32.9%
  • What’s a hoodie?

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 29109

Is it a trick question, both are smart in my eyes :unsure:

I would pick Payne dress, must get into buying some plus fours, will go with my long socks perfectly.

In my opinion, Payne looks like he's come in fancy dress, and looks rediculous. But, it's his choice to dress like that and I've no problem with it. Thats the same as if someone turned up in a football shirt (not ManU, that is unforgivable) and Bermuda shorts. As long as people behave properly, I couldn't care less what they wear.

Same goes for all aspects of life. Not just golf.

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
There is an issue with the image of golf. I am in agreement that it needs to change to meet the modern times BUT you still have to maintain some form of standard on the course.

Why is dress the standard you have to keep? Surely playing by the rules and at a resonable pace is more important? As long as the clothes they wear don't damage the course (i'm thinking footwear here), what difference does it make to anyone else what people are wearing? Personally, I like the traditional pol shirt/trousers combo, but certainly wouldn't criticise anyone else for what they choose to wear. A clean t-shirt & cargo shorts are a lot smarter in my opinion to some of the get-ups Ive seen on the course.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I'm loving this, it seems like more people are upset by old fashioned clothing than by people wearing hoodies etc.

I'll be able to go out on the course in a cardigan and plus twos and all the fashionistas will be spitting feathers.

D

Deleted member 29109

I'm loving this, it seems like more people are upset by old fashioned clothing than by people wearing hoodies etc.

I'll be able to go out on the course in a cardigan and plus twos and all the fashionistas will be spitting feathers.

I don't think anyone has said they are upset with old fashioned clothing!

The cardigan Fleetwood was wearing wouldn't have been so bad if it had actually fit him.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Reading that announcement, it would appear that the committee at Wearside has also banned the possessive apostrophe.

Actually, there are several punctuation errors in that communique. I would be tempted to write back and remind them that I, "will not tolerate incorrect grammar from wor golf cloob pet!"

D

Deleted member 21258

In my opinion, Payne looks like he's come in fancy dress, and looks rediculous. But, it's his choice to dress like that and I've no problem with it. Thats the same as if someone turned up in a football shirt (not ManU, that is unforgivable) and Bermuda shorts. As long as people behave properly, I couldn't care less what they wear.

Same goes for all aspects of life. Not just golf.

I don't disagree with you in the main. I take people as they come and if they are nice people, then generally in life that's everything sorted for me, come in your underpants and string vest to golf, I care not, I would be happy to play golf with you.

You can look smart, whatever you wear, smart is more a reflection of clean, tidy, well dressed in my eyes.

Payne stewart fits all of those, hence why I think both look smart. Clown clothes or loud trousers etc can look smart, maybe ridiculous in some peoples eyes who care what others wear(not mine) but still smart.

I love the threads about clothing, they crack me up:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The onl
I don't disagree with you in the main. I take people as they come and if they are nice people, then generally in life that's everything sorted for me, come in your underpants and string vest to golf, I care not, I would be happy to play golf with you.

You can look smart, whatever you wear, smart is more a reflection of clean, tidy, well dressed in my eyes.

Payne stewart fits all of those, hence why I think both look smart. Clown clothes or loud trousers etc can look smart, maybe ridiculous in some peoples eyes who care what others wear(not mine) but still smart.

I love the threads about clothing, they crack me up:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
One thing I don’t like about those loudmouth trousers are they are worn by a lot of people who can’t keep still or quiet while you take your shot.
Maybe that’s were they got the name from.
Hoodies no problem if you want to wear them.

njrose51

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Why is dress the standard you have to keep? Surely playing by the rules and at a resonable pace is more important? As long as the clothes they wear don't damage the course (i'm thinking footwear here), what difference does it make to anyone else what people are wearing? Personally, I like the traditional pol shirt/trousers combo, but certainly wouldn't criticise anyone else for what they choose to wear. A clean t-shirt & cargo shorts are a lot smarter in my opinion to some of the get-ups Ive seen on the course.
I agree with you. But this thread is about hoodies and dress code not about rules standard of play pace of play etc. And yes I am certainly up for that area being maintained!!! But I am all for change in dress codes as long as it’s not taken too far. wearing the right attire for me is part of the game. If some want to wear - as you have said - cargo shorts and a t-shirt - personally I don’t agree with that. But that is my personal opinion as it’s just too casual.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I put down I'm not a fan of his hoodie but also added I couldn't care less. I'm not a fan of hoodies per se and don't wear them hence my first answer. For the couldn't care less, as long as it's smart, I don't mind. I guess the idea is on a cold day you can put the hood up between shots so there is a practical side to it. When we played night golf in the cold, I wore one of these! ;)
2o3ouR7s7jo1FZe0uIPCe4lPCUV6gyVFPeeTXm6OqJhcMaqknxAPMzNQ-tGwaPMEgoJabOkYFsFMTNMuFdS0hoLOlHXFUmBpWRxVy0Y