Question for all - taking the club away

When you start your take away which hand/arm does the work?

• Left pushes right

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Right pulls left

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • I don't feel either does more than the other

Votes: 20 52.6%

• Total voters

Dibby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
When you sit down on a chair, do you feel you are relaxing the hamstrings to flex the hip, or contracting them to flex the knee?

I'm being facetious of course, but my point is to focus on the movement itself, not the minutiae of the body parts that make up the movement. The body will organise itself just fine if it is clear what it is trying to achieve.

littonlad

Visit site
I can't remember how much money I've spent on lessons, gadgets, books etc. In the end a 99p second hand book "How to play your best golf all the time" by Tommy Armour was gold. Now, everything about my game is 'whatever works for me'. On my back swing I keep my right elbow in contact with my side, straight left arm but not rigid, no thoughts of weight shift or turn or leg (things), and half a swing max. I spend time getting my setup , grip and direction right and I know how far each club goes (most important thing in golf). I out-drive most people I play with and my club distances are as per what they should be. I spend most of my practice time inside 100 yds. I play off 12, which for an overweight arthritic 63 year old is fine by me. I find that most people (including me in the past) think golf is complicated.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
I can't remember how much money I've spent on lessons, gadgets, books etc. In the end a 99p second hand book "How to play your best golf all the time" by Tommy Armour was gold. Now, everything about my game is 'whatever works for me'. On my back swing I keep my right elbow in contact with my side, straight left arm but not rigid, no thoughts of weight shift or turn or leg (things), and half a swing max. I spend time getting my setup , grip and direction right and I know how far each club goes (most important thing in golf). I out-drive most people I play with and my club distances are as per what they should be. I spend most of my practice time inside 100 yds. I play off 12, which for an overweight arthritic 63 year old is fine by me. I find that most people (including me in the past) think golf is complicated.
I inherited that book from my father. Hand drawn illustrations &, as you say, lots of simple, sensible advice.

Boabski

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I try to keep the feeling as low and as neutral as possible , I feel I get better speed through be ball by doing that