PXG 0211 Driver

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
They're now only £80 per iron.
So 5--pw......£480
Great value and much cheaper than all mainstream current models
Ok they only have a few stock shafts and there is no upcharge for stock graphite shafts.

I love mine, they feel fantastic and to be honest they feel better than the forged gen2 irons I used to have.

Visit site
They're now only £80 per iron.
So 5--pw......£480
Great value and much cheaper than all mainstream current models
My pal just got the driver and hybrid yesterday, and I am now sorely tempted by the irons to replace my ping g 4-pw.

Strong lofts so would only need 5-pw

Springveldt

Visit site
My brother just took a punt on the irons, couldn’t help himself at £80 an iron.

PXG have went from ridiculously expense to ridiculously cheap, no in between. Certainly shaking up the golf market.

golfbluecustard

Head Pro
Visit site
My brother just took a punt on the irons, couldn’t help himself at £80 an iron.

PXG have went from ridiculously expense to ridiculously cheap, no in between. Certainly shaking up the golf market.
GBC

Love to know his estimated delivery time as am close to pulling the trigger myself but the website is saying could be 60 days and like everyone when you order new clubs i'd quite like them by the weekend....???

GBC

Springveldt

Visit site
GBC

Love to know his estimated delivery time as am close to pulling the trigger myself but the website is saying could be 60 days and like everyone when you order new clubs i'd quite like them by the weekend....???

GBC
They quoted him “3 to 6 weeks”. He could of got them quicker but he ditched the 4 iron to get a gap wedge since they are so strongly lofted and he said that upped the delivery times.

golfbluecustard

Head Pro
Visit site
They quoted him “3 to 6 weeks”. He could of got them quicker but he ditched the 4 iron to get a gap wedge since they are so strongly lofted and he said that upped the delivery times.

Thanks, dropping the 4 sounds like the way forward and three to six weeks i could live with

Like your brother it's a punt but if they aren't for me can always put them on eBay

GBC

big_matt

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Am tempted by the 0211 irons at the new price but the lofts are so cranked down im worried theyll go too far and not spin enough to stop well on a hard green. The 7 iron is something like 28 degrees which is between my current 5 and 6 iron.

For the 0211 driver, can anyone comment on the sound? Is it muted like an f9/sim or tingy like a ping?

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Am tempted by the 0211 irons at the new price but the lofts are so cranked down im worried theyll go too far and not spin enough to stop well on a hard green. The 7 iron is something like 28 degrees which is between my current 5 and 6 iron.

For the 0211 driver, can anyone comment on the sound? Is it muted like an f9/sim or tingy like a ping?
The driver is not as to tingy as the ping, but its not as muted as the cobra. It's in between and it's not unpleasant, It sounds fine to me.

As for the irons even though they are strong lofted the 7 iron launches as a 7 iron with a bit more distance. I have no problem hitting 7 ,8.9, irons into greens,

big_matt

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The driver is not as to tingy as the ping, but its not as muted as the cobra. It's in between and it's not unpleasant, It sounds fine to me.

As for the irons even though they are strong lofted the 7 iron launches as a 7 iron with a bit more distance. I have no problem hitting 7 ,8.9, irons into greens,

Thanks thats really helpful info.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Not tried PXG, so can't comment on performance. I can comment on looks - UGLY as...

Price seems to be against their company policy of the best clubs money can buy - which makes me think are the expensive ones just over priced or are the cheaper ones rubbish? Pick a lane PXG.

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Old thread but just seen the 0211 range are on sale this week, driver £129, fairway £109, hybrid £99

Looks like serious value

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Do you know how the 0211 stacks up against the Gen 4 0811 driver?
Not a clue
I've never owned a pxg club. Went looking at YouTube reviews of the 0211 range last night. They got very good reviews and they were priced around £299 at the time for driver so this seems great deal
I've been toying with idea of getting a 7 wood, this could be a great option at only £109 with decent shafts too
They don't ship to Ireland, but theres an option where I can use a mail forwarding service with a UK address. I'll be caught for customs but could still work out well on price

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Their irons look nice. I’m surprised the most recent driver has not been reviewed by YouTubers, upon a quick search the other week.

sjw

Visit site
Tempted to do a PXG fitting just as soon as I get my iron play improved a bit. The 0211 xcor2 irons and the 0811 xf and 0211 drivers look great value

Golfnut1957

Visit site
My mate has the 0211 driver, 10.5 degrees PX Riptide and hits it miles consistently, but then he is a 4 hc and driving is a strength. I used it a few times, and it was a fairway finder, but the flight was way too high, so I bought one with 9 degrees loft the and the same shaft only 60gm rather than 50gm. It was a very nice club, but I still hit far too high which became problematic in strong winds, so I sold it. Despite that and the fact that I put a Mizuno driver in the bag today, it is a good club and at that price another one with a different shaft is awfully tempting.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not a clue
I've never owned a pxg club. Went looking at YouTube reviews of the 0211 range last night. They got very good reviews and they were priced around £299 at the time for driver so this seems great deal
I've been toying with idea of getting a 7 wood, this could be a great option at only £109 with decent shafts too
They don't ship to Ireland, but theres an option where I can use a mail forwarding service with a UK address. I'll be caught for customs but could still work out well on price

7 wood project you say ?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thinking of giving one a blind whirl. What shaft do you think? I currently have an Aldila Sorrano stiff in my Ping G15 12* driver