Putting mats??

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have a mat from a second hand shop cost £5, had 4 of the grandkids in today for a putting competition all under 9 bit loud but fun.

Had a practice after they left it’s about 6-7 foot got 15 consecutive putts, found it quite easy with perfect roll, how many consecutive puts can others get?

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
I have a mat from a second hand shop cost £5, had 4 of the grandkids in today for a putting competition all under 9 bit loud but fun.

Had a practice after they left it’s about 6-7 foot got 15 consecutive putts, found it quite easy with perfect roll, how many consecutive puts can others get?

6 foot and got 15 consecutive to stick in the target? That's literally better than a tour pro would manage 🤔🤔🤔

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
6 foot and got 15 consecutive to stick in the target? That's literally better than a tour pro would manage 🤔🤔🤔

Thanks as I just posted got 54 consecutive putts no way would I ever get that amount on a green, it’s really quite easy with a perfect roll with a mat, I think the biggest benefit is grooving a good stroke.

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
Thanks as I just posted got 54 consecutive putts no way would I ever get that amount on a green, it’s really quite easy with a perfect roll with a mat, I think the biggest benefit is grooving a good stroke.

Shouldn't have any problems on the green if you're that consistent.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Shouldn't have any problems on the green if you're that consistent.

I wouldn’t consider myself a great putter probably average around 34 putts a round, not really used the mat that much, maybe use it more and see if it helps for real

mister v

Visit site
once you start to hit perfect putts its really satisfying and has already improved my 6ft putts on the course........ (3 in a row is my best from 6ft!!!!)

Attachments

• putt out.jpg
    putt out.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 7

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Done some work on the mat but tonight off to the club to do some proper putting on the putting green including a host of hole out drills and mirror work to check my set up. Also going against my word and giving the Anser blade a whirl too

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
After working on the mat with a very old Hippo putter I used it today with some success with 6 one putts but had 3 x3 putts this was due to a poor stroke rather than the putter.

Rarely change putter as i think it’s the one club you should stick with, trying to change putters is only masking the real problems.

But I will give the old Hippo a few more tries.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I can make loads of consecutive
once you start to hit perfect putts its really satisfying and has already improved my 6ft putts on the course........ (3 in a row is my best from 6ft!!!!)
Who you trying to kidd, we all know you just placed it there for the photo, 😂😂😂